Cube-15 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15

I play a standard Stagg guitar, which aren't excellent for metal but still sounds really nice. I own a DigiTech RG40 multi-effects pedal for my effects, because the effects on the amp itself are insufficiant. Without the noise-gate on the DigiTech there is a constant buzz, on both clean and distortion. This is totally caused by the guitar, though. I have tried loud volumes and it does handle it well, no weird noises. The effect on the amp isn't very brutal, but the DigiTech can make very agressive sounds.

This amp matches very well with what I play and I am very content with it. I have been playing for a little over 3 months and own a DigiTech RG40 next to it, for the effects. If it were lost or stolen I would get the same one again, just for the good price/quality ratio and the loud volume it can make.

I believe I depend well on it. For what I use it for it has always sufficed. It hasn't broken down in the 2 months I've had it. For a small gig I probably would use it, but I don't know if it would last a whole night. It's hard to tell whether other not it would have enough volume, that depends on the size and accoustics.

This is one good amplifier for it's price. I play a lot of rock and metal and it has handled everything with ease. It has two channels, clean and "lead". Lead has "overdrive", "distortion", "metal" and "metal stack". I personally don't think the effects are all that great. "Metal stack" has a nice crunchy sound, but still isn't near as good as a real pedal. Especially on higher tones it becomes unenjoyable to listen to. Furthermore it has no extra effects. At the top there's a headphone jack and a line-in jack. I use this amp in my bedroom. Only a quarter twist of the volume-knob is enough to get neighbours complaining, so yes it has enough power.

shugo449
    I just might have to rip of your arms and make your severed arms change your walmart guitar strings. Its not that good. My Mobile Home Boy has it and you can't hear it half way across his house and hes poor so his house really small.