Cube-15 review by Roland

• Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Roland: Cube-15

Purchased from: Great Lakes Music

I use a Cort guitar and Peavey Predator with this Roland Cube-15. It doesn't support my music style which is metal and punk because it sucks too much. On max volume you can't even hear it at my bedroom door. The clean setting is the only thing that doesn't sound like complete crap, but I don't even use it. The distortion on this amp is worst distortion ever. It sounds more like static than distortion. It isn't brutal distortion either, it's puny wimp wussy distortion.

I play metal and punk so this is about the worst amp I could possibly use. I've been playing for a year and a half and this amp is not even worthy of being a practice amp. If someone stole my amp I would find them and laugh in their face because now they have the crapiest amp in the world. Even those little Marshall handheld Stacks are better than this. There is nothing I like about this amp. I simply hate the whole thing. The only other amp I could compare a Roland Cube 15 to is a horrible, dollar store toy amp, something you'd plug your plastic Barbie guitar into. So anyone that's looking into buying a Roland Cube-15, don't, you'd be better off setting that 50 dollars on fire than to buy this piece of crap.

You might not believe this, but the amp actually works most of the time. I've never used it in a gig, which I'm thankful for, because people would "boo!" me off, and throw things at me, and call me nasty names, and make fun of me for the rest of my life. I don't abuse it. but I wouldn't mind chucking it down my staircase to see if it would break or not.

This amp features five amp models: clean, overdrive, distoriton, metal, and metal stack. The Cube-15 has no effects. It does have bass, treble, and mid controls, which suprised me for such a crappy amp. If I was actually to get some good effects I would have to buy like 8 pedals.