Cube-15 review by Roland

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Roland: Cube-15

Purchased from: Mojo's Music

I am using an ESP LTD F50 and it sounds fine. It sounds fine for my music style. I play punkish music and one of the distortions is pretty good for it. It doesn't have a very good clean sound. It doesn't have a lot of feedback which is good and bad becuase I when I want feedback it doesn't happen. The clean channel gets distorted really bad when you get past the half way mark.

I play punkish music. This amp is fine for that style of music. I've been playing for 3 years. I also use an Epiphone, ESP, and a Fender. I wished I could, of had a louder amp before. If it were broken I would prabably buy it again because I need a practice amp and that one is so cheap. I love this amp because of the distortion sound. I hate it because it is not loud enough and the clean sucks. I played a Crate and this Roland sucks compared to it. But like I said it's fine for a practice amp.

I probably couldn't depend on it when playing Live somewhere because it isn't live enough at all and if I needed to use a lot of clean it wouldn't sound good at all. I would prabably bring a back-up amp (a louder one). The amp has never broken down at all. But yeah I would never use this amp at any show or a band practice.

I don't know what year the amp was made. It has 4 different kinds of distortion. It also has mid, treble, and bass knobs. It has an effects loops. I wish it had some effects like reverb or flanger. Some things I don't use really are the 3 of 4 distortions. I use this amp in my room. It has enough power for my house but deffinatly not for a band practice or a show. It's only 15 watts.

Chickenfrmheck
    our singer/second guitar has it...and...well...it has HUGE noise...not sound, noise...its pretty loud, distortions OK, not that great...it could be because of his target-sold washburn lyon guitar tho...hes gettin an epi or cheap gib for christmas... anyhow... later
    dude901
    i have this amp, its alright if im just practicing. the distortion is really quite annoying when you turn the volume up loud; there isnt enough bass. it will do for now, but i look forward to getting a better amp.
    deathbat411
    are you guys kiding me! how can you rate this amp more than 5 ?! its the worst peice of crap ever.....no, its not even good enough to be crap. I am one of the three chosen ones in the secret society against roland cube 15s