Cube-15 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15

Purchased from: Lemca Instruments

I use a Cort X-6 guitar with it and I play mostly metal on it. Ranging from Metallica to Behemoth and the sound is always fitting to what I want to play. This is a great practice amp for metal players considering it has four distortion settings which is great. On maximum gain and maximum volume the amount of background noise is quite small. The clean channel is distorted at higher volumes, but not too much. You can make as many sounds as the equaliser lets you. Obviously you have a bigger variety when on the lead channel.

This amplifier is perfect for metal practice. When I was choosing an amp I also considered the Line 6 Spider, Vox Velvatronix, Marshall MG. Out of all these the Roland was the cheapest and by far the best if you want to play metal. I discarded the Line 6 for it's crap digital sound though the bigger (75W+) Line 6 were better. Vox for not being good enough for metal and the Marshall for the price even though it had smaller capabilities than the Roland. I definitely wasn't willing to pay a higher price just to have Marshall written on my amp. If it were stolen I would buy it again perhaps a bigger one this time (20 or the 30). There's nothing more you would want on it for a practice amp so I give it a strong 10.

It's not big enough for a gig, but for a smaller party you can definitely use it without backup. It's quite reliable and definitely looks sturdy. This thing should last for years. It works perfectly for me. No wonder the store I bought it in had a whole pile of these.

This amp was made for metal. The four-way Switch which has overdrive, distortion, metal and metal stack gives it away. It has two channels clean and lead with 4 already mentioned settings. It has no effects built in. It does have an auxiliary input and a headphone jack which is great especially if you have old people as your neighbours or do not have a proper basement. Obviously it has an equaliser with bass, middle and treble knobs. This is definitely a practice amp, however it has enough power to be played at maybe a smaller party at a friends house. At home even with headphones I play on 1/10 of the volume. When practicing with my friends I turn it up to 1/4 or 1/3 of the volume and I already have neighbours knocking at my door even though the walls are quite thick.

JL Sevenfold
    wow deathbat411 I don't know what happened to your amp, I have one and it is awesome, maybe yours is defective, or something's wrong with the guitar or cord or something, I don't know man, sounds to me like you're not hearing what I'm hearing