Cube-15 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15

Price paid: A$ 200

Right now I'm just using cheaper guitars. At the moment I'm playing a cheap knock off strat at the moment, but the amp still makes it sound good. It has a pretty good clean tone to it, but I have found that the clean channel tends to break up at higher volumes. The distortion settings are really good. I find myself using Metal Stack the most, it has a really bright distortion to it. Really good for hard rock or metal songs. I've found that Distortion and Overdrive on this are best used if you just need a more controlled distortion or more of a fuzz-tone. I play mostly a combination of rock, grunge, punk and metal riffs through it and it sounds great. It can also go surprisingly loud for a 15-watt amp. I also run a DigiTech RP200A through the clean channel and it still sounds great. No problems with the sound.

I don't think the style of music you play really makes a difference with this amp as it can handle both distortion and clean tones quite well. I admittedly did buy this on a whim and didn't really get a lot of info on it before buying, mostly because it was on a clearance sale and I desparately needed a new amp. Before this I was using a poor quality Gorilla amp that wasn't really designed for the style of music I wanted to play through it. But the Roland made up for it and is great as a practice amp. If it were stolen or lost, I'd probably replace it, or even look at getting the model up from it. Overall, I'd say it is an extremely versatile practice amp with a great sound. I'd recommend it primarily to beginners, but it should still satisfy veteran guitarists Who are just looking for a small cheap alternative to practice on. Although I believe that it can still be gigged with, it just doesn't really have the firepower that a larger amp does. So yes, in closing, if you're looking for a good quality practice amp but are a little tight on cash, then the Cube-15 is the way to go.

I've had this amp for about two-years now, and I've never had any problems with it. I do take good care of it though, but it's still a very sturdy and reliable little amp. I haven't gigged with it, however it could be used as a backup depending on the venue. I would only gig with it in smaller clubs/ bars, and it would probably have to be miked through the PA, but for smaller showers I think it's still capable.

When I first bought the amp, I wasn't expecting much in the features department considering how cheap it was. But I was surprised. It has two-channels. The second channel has four-settings in it: Overdrive, Distortion, Metal and Metal Stack. All of which are good for a variety of sounds. It also comes with an Aux Input and an input for headphones/ recording. For it's size, it is extremely good and versatile.

mightymartin
    i think anybody really capable of telling whats good and whats bad sound would never buy this amp, for several reasons, first off all, its a BEGINNER AMP, a cheap ass thing for in your bedroom. and for 60-100$ this amp is the best you can get. I've got one for years now (its 18 W btw not 15) i bought it when i never really played on a guitar before , and i can't say a beginner would want anything that this amp doesnt have. for the price/quality it would have a 10 for sound yes. If you think its crap, then get an amp thats accually worth more then 100$...
    GidBass
    holy shit that's a lot of reviews! It's a nice little amp! I've got the 30 Watt version, which sounds A LOT louder than just 30 plain watts!
    kimhags
    you guys saying it's a lot of crap. consider that it's a cheap amp,for it's price this is already a decent quality amp. what do you expect from a $100 practice amp?it's not a half-stack you know. i'm not saying this amp is the best but for its price it's pretty good. for the people who say it's bad,i think you just don't know how to explore the sounds and get it's true potential but hey if i were you guys i would wait and save for maybe a peavey or a line 6.
    JonoFtw
    This amp doesn't have the greatest distortion but for a cheap practice amp its pretty decent and sounds pretty good. I use a Metalcore ML-2 pedal with it, and im pretty happy with how it sounds.
    MrVaentine73
    Well.. I play lead guitar with a Music Man guitar 2humbuckers and This Amp is extreme! it is everything i imagined and it has a quality sound with or without effects.. perfect for Metal.. You get alot for this budget price especially when u compare the other crappy amps out there like the peavey rage etc.. So i recommend this little beauty to any metal guitar player with a small pocket! Sick little amp!