Cube-15X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15X

Purchased from: Tom Lee Hong Kong

I use a Fender '72 Tele Deluxe with 2 humbuckers on the Cube 15X. It suits my style, heavy, punk, rock. Even on clean it gives a really country sound. However on Overdrive and Distortion the sound seems to be very think and flat which is alright for playing stuff like power chords but playing harmonics don't achieve a good result. The overdrive, distortion, metal and metal stack only give a good sound when turned on louder volume (over 1/2 way) even when gain is put on max. This is where the Power Squeezer is useful, it is simply a push button, once turned on you can turn on louder volume so there is better gain and sustain sound, but the real volume given off will be much more quieter which is suitable for environments such as bedrooms when you don't want to play that loud.

I play pop, heavy, punk rock. It's a very good match with the variety of different sounds the Cube 15X gives. I've been playing on another 15W amp which only offered a Drive sound, and the Cube 15X definately sounds much better than that. If it was stolen or lost, I will buy it again. I really love the variety of sound it gives, and the Power Squeezer feature, but I think the sound is sometimes very thick and flat since I use humbucker guitars on it, but I think it would work better with other guitars which has more tonal range. Thanks for reading this review, I hope you guys enjoyed it.

The amp is very reliable, but I don't think I'll move it around too much. The amp has never broken down since I bought it a few weeks ago, but everything seems very durable and I think there won't be much problems with it in the future. If it does I'm sure I will post it up to let you guys know.

This is Roland's famous new Cube 15X amp. I bought mines a few weeks ago. It has great features like the Power Squeezer, which allows it to achieve the maximum gain and sustain without maximum volume, which is very useful when playing in a bedroom so you can have a better gain sound without putting the volume higher. The Cube 15X also features a mini-jack aux so you can play along with an MP3 or CD player. The Cube 15X (15W) has a 8" speaker, 1 input, treble middle and bass EQ, 2 channels, and a Switch which includes the four different sounds: overdrive, distortion, metal and metal stack. This 15W amp is enough power for a regular room, I play it in my living room and normally I don't put the volume past 1/3 without Power Squeezer.