Cube-15X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15X

Purchased from: International Musicland

I use a BC rich Metalmaster warlock with the factory pickups. Playing heavy metal (mostly), it is great for both lead and rythm. The metal stack distortion is very crunchy, and the plain metal setting is well suited for the rythm postion. It's not incredibly noisy, but it can be when it has to. The clean channel is more suited for a bass, though, as the only way to get good treble is with all the settings put towards treble. In a gymnasium or other soundchamber, the amp has quite an echo. In a bedroom or basement, it has very little. It is best used as a practice amp.

I play jazz, rock and metal, and it's suits my styles quite well. I have played for four years, and this has been my best amp for it's size. I wish I had asked whether or not I can add effects before I bought it, because I can't. If this amp was stolen, I would hunt down and kill the person responsible. If I lost it, I would buy a larger model. I love the distortion on this model, and I hope for an improvement in the clean department. This is a great guitar to practice with.

This amp is incredibly reliable. It has never borken for me, and the parts sill remain in new condition. I would use this amp at a gig without a backup because there is no way that this thing will break. The parts look like they will withstand quite a bit of punishment. There is no worry of dropping the amp, because it has a very solid construction. It is very durable and reliable.

This little all-in-wonder has many great features. The most prominent is the power squeezer. It allows you to play with high-gain and sustain at low volumes (if noise is an issue). It has two channels operated by a foot switch (clean and lead). The lead channel features four different distortion levels: overdrive, distortion, metal, and an excellent feature: metal stack. It also has a 3-band EQ, a recording/headphone output, and a mini-jack aux in for playing along to mp3 and CD players. This 15W amp packs an intense punch at top volume, and is quiet when it has to be thanks to the power squeezer. I only wish it carried the many other spectacular features of the Cube series, such as effects (chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo). This amp is great for metal, rock, and jazz playing. It switches easily over between the channels.

bigMaor
    Its a great amp for practice! my firts amp . and it worked well with a few guitars I tryed. I like the effects on this thing, Boss sound is great
    screenaged
    Not loud enough for practice? Where on earth do you practice, on a building site?
    bigMaor
    its loud... I dont get him. I think its the guitar, thse pickups sucks so you dont get a good sound out of it. I have the same problem with my Squier (and whats why I need a new guitar lol)
    fretburn
    this amp is really awesome i manage to get allkinds of tone from it to suit any style.The four distortion effects are very good the dist effect gives classic santana,gilmour tonesand every thing else you can even pla metallica on this amp.the 3 band eq is very useful you can set it using the ultimate guitar setting thread at.i use a strat http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/sho... ?t=294480
    dean749
    I have squier as well i think its black and white haha and i have the same problem i need new amp and guitar and im going for this amp and a Epiphone les paul studio because my squier if thats what it is sucks =P
    Baasoromyuu
    Can you use a footswitch with this like one of the reviewers said? I've heard elsewhere that you can't.
    Astronnilath
    This amp rocks. I don't use the power squeeser, because I think, it makes the sound go a bit muddy....
    Roven31
    This amp rocks, it gives off great sound for my guitar. I love it :3
    yaaarp
    This is my first amp. I haven't tried many but I'm satisfied with this one. It can definitely go loud.
    Ultra9k
    It has no earth connection, so it's always buzzing. I solved it by earthing a metal screw from the back to the power plug though. It's ridiculous it doesn't come with an earth connection from the factory anyway...