Cube-15X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15X

I'm using it with a Vintage V100 and a Squire Fat Strat. It suit's my style quite well (metal + as stated above, it suit's most styles, very versatile. It can get quite noisy, Especially when guitar is left horizontally. The amp has quite good cleans, and I am very impressed with the "Metal stack" effect. The clean channel gets a tiny bit distorted at high volumes, but not very noticeable. The Distortion isn't very brutal, but you can get some good high gain sounds out of it. Very good value for a practise amp.

I play mainly some metal, it suit's my style well. I have been playing for about 3 years, and I have only ever had this amp (I played classical for a year), it has served me well, but I am looking to get a new amp as it isn't loud enough. If it was stolen, I would buy something different. I love the "Metal stack" channel, but I hate the "Overdrive" channel. Compared to other practise amps, such as the small line6 spiders, it is very nice sounding, and doesn't over-do the effects.

I have had it for about 2 years, and the first one I got, the speaker blew. I went back to the shop, got a completely new amp, very good service from GAK. I have had the new amp for about a year and 10 months, it hasn't broken down since then. I wouldn't gig with the amp, as it isn't loud enough.

I brought this amp about 2 years ago, it is a Solid state and it is very versatile and can play almost any genre. Personally, I play mainly Rock and Some Metal (Metallica, + some other thrash, also the occasional Lamb Of God, and also stuff like GNR) some other guy I know comes round, and plays a lot of blues, the amp suit's this very well. It has "Overdrive, Distortion, Metal, and Metal stack" as well as a "Clean" channel. You can Switch from the "Overdrive, Distortion, Metal, and Metal stack" setting back to the "Clean" setting. There is a headphone jack, but I have never used it. I never really use the "overdrive" setting, as I don't like the sound of it, and I don't use it with the genres that I play. I use this amp as a bedroom practise amp, It has just about enough volume, but when played along with stereo, it does get drowned out. It also looses sound quality when pushed up to higher levels.