Cube-15X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15X

Purchased from: Merchant City Music

I use a Westfield E1000 (I reveiwed that when I was unregistered, check it out if you want.) with stock pickups and a crap Les Paul copy which also has stock pickups. It suit my music style well, which is rock and metal as I said earlier. It is noisy but that is only because of my guitar. It can make good clean sounds like any other amp but unlike my Marshall 15CDR, it has nice crunchy distortion. The clean goes a bit fuzzy on high volumes, but this a practise amp so you won't need high volumes. The ditortion is nice and crunchy and it's good for rock and metal, but DON'T use the Distortion or Overdrive effects. They sound muddy, even at full gain. But otherwise it's all very good.

This is a good match to my playing style. I have been playing for two years now. I also have a Westfield E1000, a Les Paul copy (it's unbranded), a Marshall 15CDR and a Zoom A2 pedal. If it were stolen I would buy it again because I mostly just practise guitar and this is a very good amp for it. I like the Metal Stack and Metal effects but hate the Distortion and Overdrive. My favourite feature is the power squeezer. The only thing I wish it had was better distortion or overdrive effects. Overall, I would recommend this to people wanting to practise in there house or for beginners.

Yeah, I can definatly depend on it it hasn't gone wrong since I got it. I wouldn't use Live though, because it's too quiet. It occasionally pops but thats not very noticeable and I've found it only happens at high volumes. I don't neglect it at all, but even if someone did I doubt it woould break, it seems pretty solid.

I play rock and metal and his amp is pretty good. It isn't very versatile but it is good enough for a beginner, especially if they are practising in the house, thanks to the power squeezer feature which turns down the volume but keeps the sustain. It has a plain clean channel and 4 distorted channels - Metal Stack, Metal, Distortion and Overdrive. It has a headphone input jack and an auxillary input jack, which I use quite a lot. The only features I don't use are the Distortion and Overdrive effects.

cody57
    I have one it's a great amp for me ,but one hundred dollars is a little high. I got one for $60. it is a good practice amp. I wish i had a better one
    Aceituna
    Hello, I have just bought a Cube 15x. I am absolute beginner. I am starting my jazz guitar classes. I would like to know the better way to configure this ampli for jazz music. It is going to be connected to my Ibanez AF75. Thanks a lot.
    C_guitarhero
    I have this amp and it has great performance and variable settings. I especially like the was I can connect my MP3,iPod,Phon..etc to it so i can play along with the songs I like.