Cube-15X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-15X

The guitar that I use with this amp is a Squier Affinity Strat. This amp suits my playing style very well and has great metal and clean tones. The distortion can get pretty heavy with the gain turned all the way up. On the lead channel, you get four distortions: overdrive, distortion, metal, and metal stack. The overdrive and distortion are pretty muddy, but the metal and metal stack are superb.

I play all kinds of music styles and this amp suits them pretty well. I have been playing for 4 years and I currently don't own any other gear yet... If it was stolen, I would upgrade and get the 20 or 30x because of the built in effects. I love the clean and metal tones. I really do not like the overdrive and distortion. My favorite feature has to be the power squeezer which I have really benifited from. If this amp had built in effects, I would never want to get rid of it. If you are looking for a basic practise amp and you don't need the built in effects, this amp is for you.

This thing is built "like a tank" and is very rugged. I've gotten sand in the speakers, and it's been tossed around many times and is still working perfectly all these four years that I have had it. I would defenatly use this without a backup in a live setting.

This amp adapts to my playing style very well. I play riffs to various songs which range from metal to clean and this amp can do both very well. I wish it had built in effects like the other models do. I use this amp in my bedroom with headphones and the power squeezer function, which gives you "maximum sustain without maximum volume", which is a great feature. The 15x has a bass, middle, and treble knob, a volume knob for each channel, and a gain knob for the lead channel. You can also plug in you iPod, mp3 or CD player to jam along to. There is also a recording out/phones 1/4 jack.

Hunter2081
    I hate this amp with a passion, just submitted a review.. I wish I had bought a vox vt amp, or a fender mustang..