Cube-15X review by Roland

• Reviewer's score: 4.3 Poor
Roland: Cube-15X

Price paid: € 90

Purchased from: Pro Musica Ireland

The sound off of this amp is a disaster. Very trebely, no bass responce what'soever. It does nothing well in my opinion, it is noisy also. I've played with Stratocasters, Telecasters, Les Pauls, and Melody Makers. None of these beautiful guitars could coax a decent sound out of this amp (and I assure you through other amps they sound very pleasent indeed).

This is an amplifier that I would only recommend to people I truly hate. The sound almost stopped me playing guitar as a beginner. Even now when I am skilled, I can't possiby imagine playing through it. Please, for the love of god people, avoid this amp, and buy a Fender Mustang amp or Vox VT amplifier.

This is something that is done well here, the metal grill barely takes a dent with heavy hitting, and the case itself is very well built. It so happened to be dropped out of a moving car before and it still worked perfectly. This thing is a bloody tank.

I have very little idea when this amp was made. It is very sparce on effects (as in, it has none, not even reverb). Clean channel, and 4 different dirty channels. All controlled by a 3 band eq. Overall, one of the plainest amps I have played, and one of the most boring in all honesty.