Cube-15X review by Roland

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Roland: Cube-15X

Price paid: € 99

Purchased from: Guitarstore Hoorn (Holland)

I'm using two guitars: Greg Bennett AV/3 Avion (Les Paul) and an Yamaha Pacifica (Strat). I play mostly metal, and then the Yamaha sound better with the gain fully opened. The Greg Bennett doesn't sounds so good with this amp except for the Clean tone.

It's a fine amp with kinda good sounds, but no effects, just 5 tones and that's it. It's extremely good for a beginner guitarist but not for me. I'm switching to Marshall now.

It's a very durable amp, good condition, but it's way too small to use in gigs.

If you want effects and stuff: this is not the good amp for you. It has: 4 lead tones (Overdrive, Distortion, Metal, Metal Stack) and Clean. That's all. It has 3 Equalizer buttons: Bass, Mid, High, a gain button, power switch, power squeezer, headphone/recording out and an 3.5 mm input, and a normal guitar imput. Power is 15 Watts.

rv_phoenix
    Hunter2081 wrote: I hate this amp with a passion, just submitted a review.. I wish I had bought a vox vt amp, or a fender mustang..
    Both Vox VT and Fender Mustang series are sheer crap, just like the Roland Cube. If you want an amp, why don't you try an all-tube one?
    TimAllOver
    Is this a good one to buy as your first amp? (I have a Squier Telecaster) thanks