Cube-20X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-20X

Purchased from: DaanSmit

I'm using a QTX starter pack guitar with single coil pickups, it ain't the best of guitars but it still sounds just great on this amp. I would imagine that if you were to be playing it with a much better guitar the sound would be much richer. But even with this guitar of mine, it still sounds like a miracle.

I usually play metal and rock and this amp is awesome for me it give me just the right sounds I need, I have been playing it for a month now and so far it has not let me down. If I were to ever need to play a gig in public I would just grab my laptop and that is all the backup I need, this amp will do the rest. If this thing were stolen I would chase down the thief and make him give it back, or hang "have you seen my amp"posters every were since I don't have the money to buy a new one but if I did I would run back to the shop to get a new one.

I don't have the amp for too long, but it looks strong, is heavy and I have a 3 year gauranty so I do not expect it to break down any time soon. I have carried it to different locations for jamming with my friends and it still sounds and looks as good as new.

This Amp is one of the later models from Roland. It has 7 channels, 1 clean and six over drives including tube drive (the harder you play the note the more distortion is added), metal stack (a combination of metal and distortion usually for heavy metal), metal (speaks for it's self), distortion (speaks for it's self), overdrive (noise increase and a lower sound) and acoustic (to get a nice sound turn the base down). It is a great practice ampand can get pretty powerfull. It has multiple EFX including the phaser, tremolo, delay, reverb and a few more (can't rememba them at the top of my head. It also has a CD player input which I se to plug my laptop in so that I can use my itunes library as back up music when playing songs.

MetalManiacal
    "Okay, first off, I will never give a solid state a 10 for sound, or even a 9 for that matter. You don't get those type of numbers for sound when you're dealing with an amp with inferior construction" coming from the guy who plays a tele. If i ever needed a new practice amp, i'd get this one for sure.
    The Charm
    deaththrashcore wrote: This amp sucks, period. They sounds like crap and are useless for practicing, even by yourself. They have less tone than my Marhsall MG.
    deaththrashcore
    The Charm Are your ears damaged? Your full of shit this amp is WAY WAY WAY better than a Marshall MG.
    This amp is like an even crappier Line 6 Spider. Too many useless settings and no good sounds. And the power squeezer is like opening the gates of Feedback Hell.
    KenG
    I tired the CUBE 60 version about 1-1/2 years ago and found it quite different from the original version from the 80s (anyone remember the orange tolex?). To be honest I thought the 80's version was better built and had better sound overall even though it didn't have the extra effects you get with the newer model.
    deaththrashcore
    This amp sucks, period. They sounds like crap and are useless for practicing, even by yourself. They have less tone than my Marhsall MG .