Cube-20X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-20X

I am using a Squier Fat Strat on this amp, so a humbucker at the bridge and two single coils. So I'm using a pretty low end guitar on this and it still sounds great! Both my guitar and amp suit my styles that I play. They can handle rock, jazz, blues, funk, and metal just fine! When you crank the volume on 10, it will feedback, but its sort of the good feedback for looong sustain, not the really terrible hissing noise. So its really not too noisy. Like before, this amp can pretty much make any sound you're looking for. It DOES take some tweaking though. The clean channel, once on 10, it does start to break up a bit. It turns a lot warmer and sounds a lot more tube like. The distortion on this amp is great for me, but once again, you just play metal and no other style, this amp really wouldn't be for you. This amp I'd say is for some metal, hard rock, classic rock, blues and jazz. More for players who play more than one style.

I play blues, jazz, rock, and metal, This amp was deff. A good match. I've been playing for 3 and half years, I own a Squier fat strat and a DigiTech distortion factory. Note: I did not use any pedals on this amp. I also own a 70's Peavey amp. Nope, nothing I wish I would have asked. Um if it was stolen, I'd have to buy another one to give to my friend because it is his. BUT, if I bought this on my own, I'd probably upgrade to a louder version of this amp. I love its size and versatility. I wish it did have just a tad more distortion. My favorite feature is the medel stack model. It just sounds great! Comparing this to Line 6, this amp totally blows it out of the water. Line 6 tones don't even come CLOSE to this! Compared to a Peavey Vypyr, the Vypyr is more for metal so metal players might actually like that amp more.

Yes, you can totally depend on this amp! You wouldn't really do large gigs with this, but you could so smaller gigs with this amp, I would gig without a backup. Its made so extremely well that I doubt that it would ever break down. This amp has never broken down so far.

I don't know what year this amp was made because I'm borrowing it from a friend. This amp is extremely versatile. I play Jazz, Funk, Blues, Most Types of Rock, and Metal. All of these styles can be played on this amp. There are two Channels, since this a modeling amp, each channel is modeled after distortion type, not actual amp models like the 30x on up. That is the big difference here, its based on types of distortion. The clean is modeled after a Roland JC Chorus and the distortion models are: Acoustic Simulator, Overdrive, Distorion, Metal, Metal Stack, and Tube Drive. For people who play extreme metal, such as death metal or such, they probably wont like this amp. This amp does lack the distortion for extreme metal playing, but its just enough for me. The amp can Switch channels, I'm actually using a footswitch from a different amp and it suprisingly works on this amp as well! But I can only switch channels, I cant turn off effects. Theres no looper like the 80x, thre is a headphones and recording out. I do wish it had a boost switch for your lead channel and a brightswitch for your clean. It would be nice if each channel had a seperate EQ as well. I don't use a lot of effects, but its nice to have them on this amp to mess around with. But ya, this little amp is solid. This is a solid state modeling amp. I use this amp for bedroom practice BUT I did bring it over to a friends and it was actually loud enough! I wouldn't suggest using though for an actual gig, unless it was extremely small. The lead channel could use a little more volume, but the clean was deff. Loud enough for a loud Jam session.

NSX-S2K
    this is a pretty good amp, i just kinda wish it had a longer delay, and were able to pull out a more punk feel out of it