Cube-20X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-20X

Purchased from: Reynolds

I use this amp with my Ibanez GRG220DEX(which I have reviewed thoroughly btw in another page. This amp picks up the sounds my guitar produces very well. The response is also very good with very good feel and vibe seeping though. My styles vary from thrash to heavy and hard..right to country folk and country classical and this amp is versatile enough to handle all that and more. I wouldn't term this amp noisy as much as it is loud. However the sound is balanced and nicely spread-ut and this amp holds it's mettle even at high volume settings. And the distortion must be given special mention here because it bloows me away! I use only the in-built setting for distortion because I never really felt the need for a new pedal when I got this amp. Now that is something I don't hear often about Marshall amps.

This guitar matches my predominant style of music really well(which is the sub-genres of rock. I have been playing for over 1 1/2 years now and this is a very good amp for my tastes. I definitely would buy this baby again if it ever was stolen(and bang the thief's head with the stolen amp!. Just loove the metal stack simulator, but am pretty less affectionate about the Acoustic simulator. I just compared this with a few Marshall amps before buying it because I was pretty much a novice then. This also was with me when I gradually evolved my styles and skills so I do have a soft corner for this amplifier. Now I know that this amp does not "float on water"(or do all the other shit which many of you mention), but the marks I have given this are really unbiased and I do wanna help anyone interested in purchasing this amplifier.

I would keep my life on this thing and not worry a breeze because this thing is so damn rock-ish man! It is made of very quality and durable materials and you are imparted this emotion even when you just feel this baby's shell. It is probably some kinda HARD plastic. The panel also has a metallic silver finish around the cluster so that looks pretty good. This amp has been with me for about 7-8 months now and it has not broke down even once. It also has a tube-amp simulator and even yet has not broken down and that ladies n gentlemen, is pretty impressive eh?

I think this amp was first showcased at the previous year's NAMM convention but I'm not too sure. I always go in for power-packed music with a punchy feel and this amp blows me off in that! It has two channle, one for clean(based on the famous 80watt jazz amp) and a lead channel which comes with many features which the previous reviewers No Doubt have explained so I won't go into details there. It has quite a handful of effects inbuilt. I love the metal and Metal Stack effects which come with adequate bass and very good feel. However too much has been tried and the Acoustic simulator is a bit of a let-down. Actually it is not that torrid but when the other features set a benchmark, all the others gotta follow suit. The simulator also generates a bit of a buzz and this seems underlying no matter what you play and the louder you get, the more audible the buzz is. It comes with a 3-way equalizer with knobs for adjusting bass, middle and treble. There is also an in-built tuner which is pretty darn sweet and accurate! I use this just for practicing and jamming a little and it utilizes the 20watts of power VERY effectively. It also has headphone and aux-in and line-out jacks so no problem with adequate back-up features(the COSM effects). Only other problem is that you are not supplied with any proper mechanism to change channels(I mean a footswitch) so purchasing one is totally required if you wanna get down with this amplifier. But that's all I'm complaining.

Ruchitya T Anan
    NSX-S2K wrote: this is a pretty good amp, i just kinda wish it had a longer delay, and were able to pull out a more punk feel out of it
    It is a good amp..but gettin punk out of it is out of the question. But it does have a sufficient delay. I own this amp and i do love it because i play rock and this amp is very suited to that kinda muzik. I have written a review on this amp. Read n lemme know.
    louisclassic
    i think this amp is awsome...but after about 4 months the input jack broke just before a gig...it pissed me off and i dont know how to fix it
    rockstar16
    going back on what i said earlier, my mistake i would never recommend a spider 3 lol its shite, id go for either a vox tube or a peavey valveking