Cube-20X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-20X

Price paid: C$ 230

Purchased from: Pinnacle Music Studios

The Roland 20x is well suited to any style of music, but it is sometimes hard to easily find that more bluesy, jazzy, or R&B tone I often crave. It's a bit easier now that I've used the amp more and more, but it took a little bit of personal fine tuning to find my tone from the amp. This is not necessarily a bad thing because for me the fact that the amp has so many features makes me constantly keep tweaking things and searching for that perfect sound I want during my session of that playing period. I've found some very good set ups that work very well for me using this amp with my electric guitar. The amp can make so many sounds, ranging from more Acoustic tones to some completely alien tones. Anyone can find a tone they like with this amp BUT as I stated before, sometimes you'll have to keep tweaking and retweaking for a while to find that perfect sound for you. The clean setting does not get distorted too easily and I've had no problems with playing clean at high volumes or low volumes. Speaking of volume...this amp can play up to a really loud volume. It's got volumes for at home practice, small room practice, and even some larger crowd performances. Of course, for massive concerts, players will want to try Roland's cube in it's bigger sizes. For what it's worth though, the sound is phenominal.

This amp is a good amp for what I want to play. In fact, it would be an amp I could recommend to mostly anybody if they needed a primary amp or a backup amp for any occasion. Like I said, I haven't had it for too long but I would say I haven't had any buyer's remorse since getting it. The only other amp in this price range that many people may compare to this one would be the Vox Valvetronix, which I haven't played through before but I can assure people that the Roland 20x can definitely get the job done too. All in all, after tweaking around with the settings and tones, you'll find the amp will satisfy mostly all your playing needs exceptionally well.

The amp is very reliable and durable. It is conveniently sized to carry around easily, it packs a massive punch with sound, and it's built to last. I would use this amp without fearing it will malfunction or disappoint me in a gig any day. I've experienced no breakdowns and I've not had to service it or have anything in it changed or repaired since I got it in June.

I got this amp earlier in June of this year along with my first electric guitar. It is well suited to any style of music and is a very versatile amp with many effects. It has tremolo, 6 different diverse sound channels, a JC clean setting delay, amongst many other features. I often just end up using a bit of reverb, and the tube Drive setting most of the time, but I do change things around from time to time. Very good amp for features and the features all have powerful and distinct sounds.