Cube-20X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-20X

Price paid: € 170

Purchased from: Muziekhuis Westerhaven

CLEAN channel is awesome most definately my favorite setting. My favorite lead setting is tube Drive. It can get very loud I have a huge attic room and you can hear it downstairs (three floors down) even at level 7. I have a Big Muff Pi with Tonewicker and the cube handles it awesomely and a crybaby which sounds even better.

I LOVE this amp. I have been playing for a couple of months and this is my first amp. I would not buy this amp again however. I would buy an Roland JazzChorus 50 because I pretty much only use the clean channel after getting the Bigg Muff pi as a present. I own a Squier Bullet Strat HSS and can have played it through other amps but non of them cmpare to the sound I get playing through my Cube.

I have never had any problems with it. But I only play gigs on my trumpet not on my guitar. The guy at the store said that he has sold 300 of these and never has had one brought back. I have dropped it once from knee height. Thought SHIT it is broken plugged it in and the sweet Scar Tissue intro came through, a great sigh of relief.

- 20 watt output - 20 cm speaker - 2 Channels Clean and Lead - Lead channel effects -Acoustic -overdrive - Distortion - Metal - Metal Stack - Tube Drive (my favorite lead channel setting) - tuner - three band equaliser - built in chorus, flanger, phaser & tremelo - seperate delay and reverb - headphone jack - external input jack i.e. MP3 players

noisewall11
    wow this thing is totally different than the cube 20X i borrowed from my friend.. no on board tuner,no "power squeeze",no effects and only 4 very awful sounding distortion settings(they sounded great till i bought a big muff, then they sounded a toneless blanket of distortion crap..oh yeah and it sounded even worse when combined with the muff). oh yeah, no amp models either.. this thing must be ancient compared to the ones reviewed here.
    noisewall11
    deaththrashcore wrote: The Charm Are your ears damaged? Your full of shit this amp is WAY WAY WAY better than a Marshall MG. This amp is like an even crappier Line 6 Spider. Too many useless settings and no good sounds. And the power squeezer is like opening the gates of Feedback Hell.
    feedback hell sounds awesome btw.... what can i say?!, i love noise rock!!!!