Cube-30 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30

Purchased from: Middletown Music

I run a Washburn WI-64DL through this amp (with Twin Hum's) and it sounds incredible with any setting. From anywhere to a folky acoustic sound to a a classic blues tone, to a hard driving rock sound, to an in your face metal/grunge feel you can pull it off. There is very little hum from the 10" speaker and the sound is loud and clear with distortion when you need it and a ringing clean tone. You can use it as a practice amp in your bedroom and rock the house or use it for band practice because it can hold its own with drums and bass.

Since everything I've already said pretty much sums it up...I'll close y saying, if you are ever in the store and see this amp or its little brother the Cube15...give it a shot, you'll be amazed I'm sure...especially if you play a variety of music and want a variety of sounds. This is a versatile amp that rocks and if it were stolen...I'd hunt them down or buy it back without another thought.

I haven't yet gigged with this amp yet but knowing how loud it is at like 4 on the volume I know it'll be enough to be heard through anything...and even if you do need that extra punch it can be mic'ed with no problem. And I've had for about a month now and there is not a problem with it and I'm sure this is the only amp I'll need for a while (gigs or no gigs).

The Cube-30 is an all around awesome amp made in 2k4 as far as I know. And since I played it in the store it is one of the most versatile amps I have ever played on...It's great for practice and can hold its own on a gig being a loud 30w solid state. It suits my style very well as I play anything from jazz-rock to hard blues-rock to some electric folk. It's a two channel amp with optional foot pedal input and also has an Aux-input for Midi devices (which Roland is known for). As for the onboard effects on this baby...it's got enough to keep you busy for days. With onboard efx like Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, and Tremolo as well as seperate Delay/Reverb settings, you can get an unbelievable variety of sounds. However, where the Cube30 really shines is with its COSM amp-imatation system. With 7 different classic amp sounds like: Acoustic, Black Panel (Fender Reverb sound), Brit Combo (Vox), Tweed (Fender Bassman), Classic Stack (Marshall sound), Metal (Peavey), and R-fier (MESA/boogie sound). Each setting is quite an accurate reproduction of each of the classic amp sounds listed all in addition to the normal clean tone.