Cube-30 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30

Purchased from: Tonika

I use this with a Yamaha Pacifica which suits me fine. My music style is mainly alternative rock, indie rock/pop, brit rock. This amp is not noisy, even at high volume it isn't! This amp can give you the greatest variety there is! using effects from all styles, it practically suits all styles. The clean channel sounds superb, the tone is so good. The distortion can be very brutal and can be added with a bit of variety by using a Flanger or Phaser effect.

This certainly suits my style! It sounded even better than anticipated on high volume levels. I've been playing for half a year and I play with my bandmates and they're amazed at the sound this baby gives you! I just wish there was a Fuzz-distortion on the amp, but that is a bit too much to ask for isn't it! If someone would steal it, I'd be so angry, I'd put a bounty on his head and buy a new one ASAP! I love the great distorted sounds with cool harmonics, I also like the clean channels and effects! My favourite feature must be the Phaser/Delay combination along with the harmonics from the Metal (I'm not a metal fan, but the metal gives me the good harmonics!) I compared this with Marshalls/Peaveys/Zooms and this was just the best. The Marshall MG serie is crap. The Peavey doesn't sound as rich and nice and the Zooms don't have the sound I want.

I would definately use this without back-up. This cannot fail on you as it's very robust. It has never broken down due to the fact that I've only owned it for a few days but I trust Roland equipment not to fail on me.

This amp is great! It's very good for the classical player due to the fact that is has a great JC clean channel and also the COSM model "Acoustic" would fit the classical player, not to mention the great delay/chorus. It's got great varieties: you can choose from these models; Acoustic, Black Panel, Brit Combo, Tweed, Classic Stack, Metal, R-fier. And of course the separate EFX; Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo and another separate effects control; Delay/Reverb. It also has a 3-band EQ, an Auxiliary input, recording/headphone input, footswitch. This is top notch for it's price class. This amp is good for home practice and band practice (even gigging, if have large gigs, mic it!) This is a solid state (I think) with an enormous amount of power.