Cube-30 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30

Purchased from: Smart Music

I'm currently using it mainly with a Fender Strat set to the bridge pickup. It suits my musical tastes wonderfully, and can be used for just about anything. I use it mainly for metal, and it performs without fail. Even on my single coil guitars, the 60 cycle hum on this amp is very low. Hardly any noise can be heard from it. Clean does not get distorted very easily at high input levels, surprising for a small solid-state amplifier. When you switch over to distortion, it's got amazing punch and power.

For my mainly metal influence, this amp serves me beautifully. For the three years I've had this amp, I've relied on it for my main practice amp, as well as a small gig amp. I would definitely buy another one if stolen or lost, it has been that good to me. My favorite features would have to be it's great distortion, coupled with awesome digital effects. The fact that delay and reverb are on separate channels from the chorus, flanger, phaser, and vibrato is a major selling point for me. It's an amazing amp, and it fits my needs perfectly.

I can depend on this amp fully. I often use it as my only amp at small gigs, and not once have I been dissapointed. No breakdowns as of yet, and I don't even especially look after it well. It doesn't need anything but a light dusting every once and a while. I don't expect it to break down any time soon, it has served me well problem-free for years.

The Roland Cube 30 is a wonderful practice amp that is also useful for small gigs. It can be used as a micing amp, and has very good sound quality. I use it for many styles, including metal, blues, classic rock, jazz, and many others. It works for all of them. Features include two input channels, and auxiliary input jack, headphone jack, and great built-in effects. This solid-state amp has lasted me over three years, and has not once faultered. It is a versatile amplifier, and is a great choice for the practicing musician.