Cube-30 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30

Purchased from: Leonards Music

I play an Ibanez Gio (not sure of the exact model) with this amp, and I think the guitar works nicely with this amp. The fact that this amp has metal stack and other effects built in it suits my music style more than anything without these would. This amp can get very loud very fast with many of the channels, along with changing the guitar set volume or tone. This amp can make from acoustic and clean sounds to metal distortion, making it an even better amp because it is not necessary to buy many footpedals to achieve all of this. I have not heard the clean channel be distorted by voulme yet, though I haven't played the clean channel at high volumes.

I play many styles of music, and this amp suits them all. It is the first amp that I have owned but I have tried many other amps that my friends have and I must say that this puts them all to shame. The amp that I was going to buy was a 25 watt Ibanez, though it was a suprise when I found this, and much more satisfied, the amp may have cost more but was a much better amp overall. Like I said earlier a footpedal to switch between lead and clean channels would be great.

I believe that I can depend on this amp for almost anything. It survived dropping out of a truck when the store got it in and survived dropping out of another truck when it was brought home, though it sounds like something may have come lose, it does not effect the sound as far as I can tell. The next gig I play I believe that I could play this amp witout a backup.

This amp is great for all of the styles of music I play. It has a clean channel, but it also has another channel that has acoustic, black panel, brit combo, tweed, classic stack, metal stack, and r-fier stack. Most of these work perfect with my guitar, though for acoustic you have to turn the volume up to about 10 on the amp. It has chrous, flanger, phaser, and tremolo effects that at the moment I just play around with, though they still keep the great sound of the amp. The amp has delay and reverb aswell as an equalizer. I have only been playing for about half a year, but this amp is very powerful. On metal stack with half volume and 3 gain I was able to wake the neighbors up. The only thing I believe would make this amp better is if it had a footpedal so you could change between lead and clean channels on the go.