Cube-30 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30

Purchased from: muscians friend

I play with a humbucker and it gives my a good sound with the amp, it is really good for playing metal and classic rock. The amp is very noisy and gets the job done. Using the metal stack setting with the gain and volume up gives you a loud hard tone for metal/rock sound. The amp doesn't really get distorted at high volumes when on the clean setting. It has 7 amp settings and 5 effects giving it a great sound. The distortion is brutal to a certain extent, you can adjust the amp settings giving you a different sound for more brutal distortion to less powerful distortian.

I play punk and it has a pretty good match, the amp is better for metal but with a pedal it's alot better. I have been playing for 5 years and I use a hotrod pedal with my amp its a good combination. I would buy it it it were lost or stolen. The best feture is its 7 amp settings. You can play many different styles with it. You can also use the flange or the phaser which sounds sweet.

The Roland Cube amp is very dependable and I would probably use it with a gig with out back up aslong as the drums or something wasn't right by the amp, it's powerful to an extent. If you play a gig alone it would be great. My amp has never broken down.

The Roland Cube 30 is very versatile with different types of music, with numerous amp settings and effects this amp is good for many styles. It only has 1 channel which is fine for being a 30watt, it also has a headphone jack. I really can't ask for much more in the amp it gets the job done for me personally. I use my amp in my band during practice, I use it as a practice amp though it will make a good gig amp to. It's a solid state amp and is very nice.