Cube-30 review by Roland

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Roland: Cube-30

Purchased from: Mr. Entertainment

I use this amp with guitars with H/H and S/S/S. Its r-fier is good for shredding but it sounds to modulated and drained of tone. I don't recomend ever buying this amp for the effects. There is only a more/less type of dial and it has 4 effects on one knob, it's easy to use and no nonsense but you can't get any different sounds. The delay is almost non-existant, the only time you can tell that it's on is if you have it as high as it will go. The reverb is no better. The acoustic set is just completely useless, just get an accoustic. Black pearl is a fairly cool clean and with the gain all the way up it goes overdriven. Brit, classic stack, and metal settings are mediocre. At least the clean stays clean.

This amp is only suited for shredders, glue the lead setting to r-fier and have fun. I've been playing three years and this amp doesnt impress me anymore. They should have atleast thrown in a footswitch. If it were stolen or lost I would thank them because now I have a reason to buy a new amo, modeling so probably a Vox Valvetronix. I at least wish the effects had a level knob and a second knob for tweaking the sound.

I would never gig this amp if my life depended on it. I just wouldn't disgrace myself or guitar that way. At least it hasn't broken yet.

This amp has two channels, clean and lead. standard EQ, bass mid and treble. The lead chanel has seven amp models; acoustic, black pearl, brit combo, tweed, classic stack, metal, and r-fier (rectifier). It's built in effects are chorus, phaser, flanger and tremolo. Their is also a knob for delay and reverb. It has a headphone/record out jack, an aux input, and a footswitch jack. The footswitch is to switch chanels (when it is pulled slightly out) and to turn efects on and off (push jack all the way in). props for veriety.

TeenBite
    I love the Rectifier setting, it just sounds so powerful. Great practice amp that could easily power a pub.
    cortg254
    definitly this has to be the best amp ive ever bought. as long as you have a switch pedal this baby is awesome
    Nybb
    A solid practice amp, the best I've seen in its price range. It's actually pretty loud too for its size.
    badger rocka:P
    well ive got one to and i think its a very nice one , my 2nd amp and i like it ive heardohter but those sound better but were way higher priced , i bought mine for only 210 euros.
    SuPErPAntS
    i have this amp, it is my first amp. it gives the best sound for any guitar u can plug into it, the R-Fier distortion is awesome
    JLJohnson_21
    i just bought it for a practice amp cause my brother busted my marshall mg15, and its not much better than that, plus it cost me $100 more. the rectifier setting does have a little more crunch to it, but like other solid state amps, just doesn't sound "real" or is too digital. i do like the accoustic setting though, probably cause i don't have an accoustic guitar, lol.
    Zwart
    i own it. don't like the settings on the amp to much. just use an effect pedal, thats better.