Cube-30 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30

Purchased from: GAK

I got this amp this morning and I've been playing it all day with my new guitar Ibanez RG321MH and I have to say this is an awesome amp. I wasn't expecting such a great amp, for the price. Really Cheap for it's Size and it just oozes quality. I plugged in and flicked through the different models, I was actually amazed how good they sounded, but only after a bit of knob adjustment on my guitar. Acoustic, sounded great contrary to wot others are sayin, and I may now just leave my acoustic behind if I'm tight for space, other models I have no real use for, but metal is my main genre and when you switch to the stack models such as rectifier this amp really comes alive. Pinch harmonics squeal, big crunchy rythm is easily achieved it's just a great amp. Clean stays suprisingly clean at high volumes, and distorted is just great!

I play mainly metal, hard rock, RHCP and a bit of punk and this amp is perfect for me, I can even play my acoustic stuff without having to change guitar. I'm playing it with an Ibanez RG321MH and they seem made for each other. The only thing I'm disappointed with is that there is no footswitch that comes with it so I'm goin to have to buy one somewhere, but considering this amp was so cheap I have spare money for that anyway. If it were stolen I would either buy it again or save up for Cube 60 just to have the extra power for gigs and stuff although I think this could probably handle a small gig anyway. I compared it with a Vox Valvetronix (the only other amp in it's range fit to compete with it) but it lost out because of the strength the cube has in metal. I'd recommend this amp to anyone Who needs a relatively small amp for jamming or small gigs and plays a fair amount of metal/rock.

This amp looks tough I haven't really, had the misfortune to give it a test but I would feel confident it would survive more than just the odd knock, all the knobs seem high quality and wont be coming loose, and the jacks seem solid. there is also a big metal (I think) grill infront of the speaker which seems tough, and I wouldn't expect this beast to be breaking down in the foreseable future.

gtr-boy
    well i have this amp and well its done me alright but ur better off with a marshall forsure
    f7love
    hi.i just have 250$ for buynig an amp and its all my money..i have worked hard for two years to make and keep this amount so plz sugest me the best amp that wont let me down thnx