Cube-30 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30

Purchased from: Brookdale Music

I use a Washburn X-50 and a Brian Moore 81.13 through it, when I'm away from home. When I travel with it, it is usually only to church practice, or up to visit reletives. It is not meant to be a jammin with friends amp. But for where you need a good practice amp, this thing is great. Just the right mix of effects. The pre-set lead sounds are very limited, and most are just hevely distorted. The acoustic setting soungs nothing like an acoustic (not that I expected it to), and the rest fluctuate in volume. Some I use, but I am mostly customizing the clean channel. On the JC clean channel, it is clean. And I mean clean. Perfect. Like I get out of the expensive amp. And this thing packs a punch. Thirty watts is a lot to get out of a small amp like this. And the tones don't get more distorted as the volume goes up.

Where I use it most, like I said, it is a perfect match for me. I have been playing for eight years, and this is by far the best practice amp I have ever owned. If it were lost or stolen, I would probobly buy something else, though. Only because they upgraded the whole series. I might buy one of those. I compared it to small Fender amps, along with some small amps from different brands, but this one, although a little more money, was lighter, more compact, and just plain had more effects than the others. If Roland made more amps, I would look into those.

This thing is a rock. And a good seat if you ever find yourself in dire need of one. I have owned it for three years and I havn't experienced any probloms with it. I hardly ever sevice it, and I trust it everywhere I go. The knobs are even inlayed, so nothing can knock them, and you can stack it. I have even dropped it once or twice, and it doesn't have a single scratch.

I use this amp as a practice amp because it is light and small. But light and small doesn't affect this amps sound and power. It has a JC clean channel, and a lead channel. The lead selections are seven pre-set sounds. On both you can adjust seperate volumes, as well as bass, middle, and treble. It has reverb and delay, along with four effects. They are chorus, flanger, phaser, and tremolo. On all of the effects you can adjust the level of the effect from overpowering to subtle, just by turning a knob. It also has an aux in input, recording out/headphones output, and a footswitch output.

King ofKumbucha
    JLJohnson_21 wrote: i just bought it for a practice amp cause my brother busted my marshall mg15, and its not much better than that, plus it cost me $100 more.
    You have no sense of tone whatsoever...
    dr . disturbed
    If ur looking for sumthing small than u shud get the cube-30. Its frikin loud for a small amp and the effects are pretty kiff, ive got one an its pretty gud but i live in a complex so I cant play it loud enough(bummer)