Cube-30 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30

Purchased from: steve's music

I use a Yamaha starter pack fat strat (even cheaper then squiers) and it sounds pretty good even with that, sometimes some buzzing noises but I think that's from the pickups. At the shop I tried it with a Gibson Les Paul Studio and it sounds awesome. Sometimes on pretty much all channels it is noisy but I think that's from my cheap pickups because it was ok at the shop. The amp have a very large variety of sounds, the acoustic sound pretty good, if you want a real acoustic guitar sound, you wont be happy, but it gives a nice smooth sound. The reverb, delay, and all the other effects are really good, I can mess for like an hour with the flanger and delay without getting bored. The distortion sound pretty good, and on the metal and R-fier models with the gain cranked you get some really brutal distortion. I cranked the clean when my parents were gone and it wasn't distorted at all, I just cranked it up to noon since when I was playing low notes like a low E, my whole desk was shaking. The clean can get really loud, even louder then metal with full gain.

As said earlier, I play mostly classic rock, with a tad bit of metal and pop, and this amp match perfectly. I've been playing for only 6 months so I only have a cheap Yamaha starter pack, and well, this is at least 100 times better then the crap amp. I wish I had asked if it was normal that it shakes at high volumes, I guess it is. It it were stolen/lost, I think I would buy another one, or maybe just save up for a Marshall (not MG). What I love about this amp is the clean channel, the stacks models, the distortion, and all the effects (pretty much everything). There's nothing I hate about it, but I find it a lil too bassy sometimes but I think that's some being used to.

I think I can depend on it, I just got it so it didn't broke on me yet, but I would take it to a small gig, but for a bigger one I would use the Cube 60. I wouldn't use a backup, 1st, because I don't have the money, and 2nd, because I trust it. The only thing that scares me is when it shakes like a madman when the clean is just at noon.

This amp is made in China. It is very versatile, I play from classic rock to metal to pop and stuff like that and it suits it all. It has 2 channels, JC clean and Lead. On the lead channel you got 8 models: acoustic, black panel, brit combo, tweed and the 3 stack models: classic, metal and R-fier. It has reverb/delay and chorus/flanger/phaser/tremolo effects. It have a 3 band EQ, headphone/record out jack, aux in (for drum machines and stuff) and a foot Switch plug (footswitch is sold separately). This is a pretty loud amp for what I use it for: bedroom practice, waking up the whole family and jamming with friends. I guess I could take it to a small gig like school talent show but I don't think I would take it to a big gig, if I needed more power I would obviously go for the Cube 60.

dnamra13
    i own this thing amd it does its job not good but also not bad, if youre looking for a starter-average amp this is your best bet the things i dont like is that on low volume you cant get the sound what you need there for buy the new cube 30X other things i dont like is the sound quality of the hardrock, metal and R-fier channel they just dont sound right but anyway loads of options good price and roland/boss quality \M/