Cube-30 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30

Purchased from: Eddie Moore's Music Shop

I am currently using my Fender standard strat on it wich sounds brilliant, but I just orderd a Epi LP Custom, which will (I'm sure) sound great on it, as I said it suits my styles perfect, but If I was able to take away one effect it would have to be the Metal it sounds terrible. At times the feedback can be quite bad but if you have good enough cables and cable jacks there wouldn't be a problim. The distortion can be loud, but I don't use it that much only a little.

This is a great match for the type of music I play as it sounds perfect for Mod revival music with it's Brit Combo effect wich I always use. If it were stolen I would have to be in two minds about replacing it purely becuase of it's Metal and other distortion effects which are just a waste of money, But I proably would because it is a great Amp and would sound good with any guitar. I think it's clear what I love and hate about this amp, love - Brit combo effect.

If I were to do a Gig I wouldn't take back up, I can't remember it ever breaking down on me. I can defiantly depend on it, afte a week away without no use it didn't make no difference after a year away it wouldn't make no difference, I had a breif period whee I completely went off guitar and when I started playing again it was exactly the same.

I don't have a clue when the Amp was made, The Amp is more than capable of The Music I Play, I listen and play along to The Jam, Early Who, Oasis, stuff like that, you know good music, So it is quite handy it has a setting called Brit Combo wich sounds just like paul wellers settings from the jam. There are a few features I never (and would never) use, which are Metal, and R-fier, something like that wich just sound terrible.

ToastedSG
    [quote]timsterII wrote: guitaruboy wrote: i bought my cube 30 used for 85 bucks best deal ever I got it for free.. a roland guy gave it to me.. Bast deal eva
    $lipKnoT
    omfg everyones like " this is a great amp for metal and beginers!!!" they are WRONG my friend got it and it sounds awfull, its not for metal. Every1 says that Roland kicks Voxs ass, i got the vox ad30 (cube 30s rival) and i must say MY VOX AD30 RAPES CUBE 30!!! ad30 does sound like metal, its from a good company, sure its more expensive but its worth it and its got like 11 pedals built in it, dont go wrong please buy the ad30 not cube 30
    ~Shred Hero~
    jackson action : can you get a cube thats bigger and with cabinets? I have yet to check this one out though.
    You can buy two Roland Cube 60's and hook them in stereo or you can buy the Cube 60 and attach it to an external cab I believe.
    tigerking615
    Dude, to the last reviewer...because the amp's never broken down on you, you give it a 5? A 5 means it's constantly breaking down...if there's nothing wrong, it should get 9 or 10...
    iKoen
    I own this and when i play clean channel my guitar full volume, i can't get any sound under like 2 or 3 volume, is this a defect or is this like normal?
    MrM993
    iv had a cube 30 for about 2 years now and am playing with a band and this amp is ok for practice but i feel i need a new amp now and im not sure what to go for within a 350 budget..im looking at a line 6 spider iv at the moment for 295..can anyone offer any advice??