Cube-30 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30

Purchased from: Local Music Store

At the moment, I have 2 guitars I run this through. I have a Squier Affinity Series Telecaster, which has 2 stock single coils p'ups, and I have a custom made Semi-hollow tele, which has custom made pickups in it, guy in canada made them for a luthier I know, eh? Theyre single coils. I use both guitars for my church, my jazz band class, and my band, who play hardcore. This amp works great for all 3 of those. Theres just so many amazing different combinations. And the distortion can get pretty brutal, if you dial it in right. Also, the clean channel on this is amazing. Its normally at 7 or 8 at my church, and its not even the slightest bit distorted. Its a little noisy on the r-fier channel at max distortion, but my single coil p'ups are most likely the cause of that. But, of course, its very quiet, as its only 30 watts, which is why I'm giving this an 8, not a 9.

I play everything from jazz to hardcore, so this fits me. It does everything. I've been playing for 5 years, and own my 2 teles which I talked about earlier, and my Behringer gmx210. I use this as a preamp for it, just because this is a little to quiet. If this was stolen/lost, I would prolly save up my money for the cube-80x. Which is pretty much this, with a couple more features and 80 watts. The only thing that would make this amp better, is a built in tuner, and maybe 30 more watts. Aside from that, I love this thing. I'm giving this an 8 simply because it is too quiet for gigging.

This amp is built like a freakin tank. Like I've been throwing this thing in and out of cars/vans for years. I bring it to class every school day. I bring it around to my church every sunday/thursday. And I've played 4 shows with it. Not to mention all the times I've dropped it. Never any problems, at all. This is a very reliable amp.

To start out with, this has 2 channels, Jc Clean, and lead. It Has 4 effects, Tremolo, Phaser, Flanger, and Chorus, it also has Delay/reverb knob, and of course, 3 Treble, Mids, and Bass knobs. I am unaware of the year my amp was made in, but I think it was around mid-2007. I play everything from hardcore, to blues, to jazz, to praise and worship through this thing. Its extremely versatile, with its 7 amp models, and clean channel. It's also footswitchable. I have a Boss Fs-5u as my footswitch, and I can Switch channels, and turn effects on and off with it. I started gigging a bit more with my band, and obviously the 30 watts wasn't loud enough to fly at bigger venues. I purchased a Behringer GMX210 from a friend, and am using this amp as a pre amp, just because this things Features are so good.

vferrizz
    What's up with the one dingus that states in his / her review that punk is the gayest thing to play? Lemme guess, the dingus doesn't know what punk is. Real punk is the Ramones, Sex Pistols, Dead K's, older Social Distortion and stuff like that. Nothing wrong with that stuff.
    Timo9500
    MrM993 wrote: iv had a cube 30 for about 2 years now and am playing with a band and this amp is ok for practice but i feel i need a new amp now and im not sure what to go for within a 350 budget..im looking at a line 6 spider iv at the moment for 295..can anyone offer any advice??
    Get the Cube 80x.
    Timo9500
    PyroFreak_NL wrote: I wonder how the people here are able to use the amp at band rehearsals or even for gigs! I recently took the cube30 to my bands rehearsal but the sound was awfull, it almost made my ears bleed... also the sound wasn't really loud enough I'm not saying this is a bad amp, for practice at home it's great but if your'e looking for something to use in a band i would not recommend it.
    I played it at one show, by itself. Put it on a chair, turned it up to 9 on lead, 10 on clean channel. I played a small coffee shop, it was just loud enough. By a hair. I mean, its not for big gigs, but it can work if its a small enough place, but just barely.
    PyroFreak_NL