Cube-30X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30X

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

The sound this amp puts out can rate from good to bad depending on what you play and your taste. Personally, the only two channels I ever use is the JC clean channel and the R-fier setting for metal. All the other amp models are ho-hum for me and don't put out the sound I need. But the R-fier setting is very versatile and puts out a great metal sound, so there's not much to complain about. The other amp models like Metal, Classic Stack, Tweed, Brit combo, Dyna Amp, Black Panel and Acoustic are all good channels, but they don't suit what I play, as I've said. If I want to play something clean, I will use the JC clean with a little bit of chorus, and it sounds great. I was very impressed with the clean channel. The effects are great to have, especially chorus for the cleans. The others I don't use much but just to fool around with. Great sound overall for every type of player.

I play a lot of metal, and I kept getting this amp as a recommendation for my next amp. I'm glad I went with it. It has a great sound, good looks, and features that will keep my occupied for a few years at the least. If it were stolen, I would go out and buy another one in a second, it's that good of an amp. It blows every amp in this price range out of the water, in tone, features, and looks. It's that simple. I recommend this to anyone.

The 30X was designed for this very thing. Although I wouldn't go out and drop it from a balcony, it can take a few bumps and not be effected. I haven't had a problem with it yet and I don't think I ever will. I would (try to at least) use this at a gig, I don't know if it'd be big enough, but mic'ing it to a PA system might work. Overall this amp is built to last, and looks great doing it.

The 30X is an extremely feature-packed solid state new from Roland. The 30x comes with 2 channels, a "JC clean" channel (Based off their JC120 amplifier) and a "Lead" channel, which gives you a multitude of options and amp models. The 30X leaves nothing to be desired in my opinion, because they already crammed it in there. I use this amp in my room for practice, recording small things, and jamming with a few buddies (no drums), and it fits the bill very well. The power squeezer feature also comes in handy for the late night urges to play, and the built in tuner is great because I have a habit of forgetting my handheld tuner when I take it someplace.

Atomic_gerbil
    ihaveatail wrote: what r the other effects and how many watts?
    The effects are chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, and the other 2 are delay and reverb. As the amp name says, its 30 watts..
    irishman
    Atomic_gerbil
    Satch_Boogie wrote: Alrighty guys, Vox AD30VT or this?
    It depends. If you play alot of metal, this will better suit you. Classic rock and blues definetley goes to the AD30VT.
    irishman wrote: what sort of sound do you get off one of these? what sort of music would you use one for?
    Metal and cleans, really. all the other amp models are ok.
    guitarkid7
    How loud can these get? good enough for jamming around with the extra power or will it just make it without get drowned out?