Cube-30X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30X

Purchased from: Pacific Music

I'm using this amp with an ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe. This amp suits my music perfectly which is mainly metal and chilli peppers stuff. It isn't noisy at all. I use it in my room and sometiems outside. It can make pure but loud clean sounds and absolutely awesome massive distortions. This amp is extremely versatile and can play most genres except for classical.

I've already metioned my styles and it suits them perfectly. I've been playing for about 1 year, I own an ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe, solid top Greg Bennet design acoustic, a trumpet and a trombone. I didn't need to ask anything else because I played heaps at the shop and researched and eyed it for at least 3 or 4 months before buying. I would probably buy it again if it were stolen because it is the most versatile practise amp on the market. I love this amp but I don't use the black panel or classic stack settings to much. I think that the flanger and phaser sound like real $300-$400 pedals. I didn't compare it with other products physically but I did while researching.

I don't play gigs, I haven't been playing for too long yet but I've had this guitar for about six months and it still runs like it was brand new, it doesn't feel like it is ever going to break down. I think this amp is pretty dependable but maybe thirty watts isn't enough power for a live gig.

This guitar has seven lead channels and one clean channel. It is versatile enough for anything heavy and light. It has a headphone jack and aux input to plug your mp3, iPod or CD player through. It has a flanger/chorus/phaser/tremelo knob and a delay/reverb knob. I use this amp in my room and sometimes outside. This amp is plenty loud on half volume!