Cube-30X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30X

Purchased from: Musicstop

I am using a Peavey Rapter EXP right now and it sounds pretty damn good. I will be using a Jackson RR3 soon and I have played one through this amp at a music store and it sounds pretty damn nice. This suits my style of music because I play mostly heavier metal type stuff. It's pretty quiet, even in a room with 2 other amps and other stuff in it that can interfere with amps. This amp could be used for probably any style of music, it has enough options, and it has a really, really good clean channel. The clean channel sounds good no matter how loud you crank it. The distortion is pretty good for being built into this type of amp. My distortion pedal sounds a little better, but not enough to make me use it instead of the built in distortion.

My overall impression of this thing is that it's pretty amazing for what I use it for. It works really good for my heavier style of music. I wouldn't probably buy the exact same amp if mine broke. Not because it isn't good, just because I would just save my money up and buy either an even better version of this or just a higher watt/bigger amp for gigging.

This thing is pretty durable. I mean I be careful with it and stuff, but stuff still happens. I've hit it off walls and lugged it from one persons house to another in all types of weather and it still works like it's right out of the box. It's never broken down.

I love this amp. It's a 30 watt solid state amp with a 10 inch speaker. I have no idea what year it was made in, but it was either this year or last year because it's a newer model. This thing has 2 channels, Clean and Lead. On the lead channel you can Switch from different styles of distortion and overdrive. My amp came with a footswitch for easy switching between channels, but I got mine for a special deal and on sale. There are 2 volume nobs (one for the lead channel and one for the clean channel), a gain nob, and a bass, middle and trebel nob. This amp also has a few built in effects. It has chorus, flanger, tremelo and phaser. There is also Delay and Reverb built into it. And all off those have a nob to adjust the amount of it you want (1 knob for chorus, flanger, tremelo and phaser and a seperate nob for delay and reverb). There is also a headphone jack, which is good. There is a aux jack so you can plug your mp3/iPod/Walkman into your amp for play along or just to listen to. And there is also a really neat little thing on this amp called a Power Squeezer. It's just a butten you click and it makes the amp quieter, but it still has the same amount of gain. There is also a built in tuner. I use this amp at home, but I could use it for gigs probably, it's got enough power. And there isn't really any other features I can think of that I would want.

LP_kickass
    Hey gerbill, whats your e-mail i got some questions for you, you seem smart about these things .. and i have other qestions about guitars. Add me or reply (e_watters_32@hotmail.com)