Cube-30X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30X

Purchased from: The Rock Shop

I'm using this with a Yamaha Pacifica 112V. This guitar is equipped with a humbucker. I play rock and metal, and this amp suits the styles perfectly. The clean channel, JC Clean, only begins to break up at around volume 7, which is pretty loud. The distortions range from light overdrives, based on AC30s, to high gain metal sounds (based on MESA/Boogie Rectifiers). I would not want any other amp sounds, so I'll give this a 9.

This is a brilliant amp for a beginner like me, I have only been playing a year, but my playing sounds amazing! I do have a hate about this amp though, the clean channel is so much louder than the distortions! This means that sometimes the channels can be a rela pain in the neck to set up. If somebody stole this amp, I would definetly buy another, if I had the money!

I can depend ont his amp. I am not gigging with it yet, although if I was, I would happily use it without a backup. This thing is really well built. The speaker is surrounded by a metal grill to protect it, and all of the controls are recessed so that you can't knock the amp and break it. Overall, a 10.

The Roland Cube 30X is a solid-state amp. It is very versatile. At the turn of a dial I can go from Beatles, to AC/DC, to Metallica and beyond! I can get every tone I need from it. There are two channels, six built in effects and many amp simulations. I use this amp for practice at home, and it is perfect. It has all of the power that I need. I only wish it had some kind of built in auto-wah.

squierkid71
    i've heard how this amp sounds, but would anbody know if it houses stomp boxes and effects well? will it sound good with a milti-effect processor ora dist stomp box? thanx
    sa man
    if any one can help me i am deciding between a this and the line6 spider 30. i try to play mettallica
    sa man
    just got this amp. if you were thinking of getting one get it. awesome
    fila_93
    Hey, I play much Metallica, is this amp good for that kinda of music?
    Joel.
    Fila, it's actually perfect for Metallica and thrash metal.
    Phoenixx
    Hey, im thinking about buying this amp for practice, but ive also been lookin at the marshall MG30DFX, what ones better? I play alotta metal and rock. Which amp would go best with a B.C Rich Warlock?