Cube-30X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30X

Purchased from: fairdeal music (online)

This amp produces a huge range of sounds, the clean setting is very good, but I don't use it often. The 6 regular amp models are excellent, I have never used any of the amps the claim to replicate, but they all produce excellent sounds, from the slightly overdriven 'black panel' and 'brit combo', to the incredibly brutalness of the 'Dual Rectifier'. I have tried it with both my Ibanez rg with dual humbuckers and on my Squier srat with 3 single coils, the amp sounds better on the Ibanez, but this amp would be a cheap alternative to buying a new guitar if you want a better sound. The acoustic simulator is good, but requires a lot of tweaking to get a good acoustic type sound out of it, the dyna amp is nothing but a gimmick, it alters the level of distorion depending and how hard you pluck the strings, but it is impossible to get the same sound out of it 2 days in a row. the digital effects are useful, but the sound isnt great, and not very changeable, since there is only one knob for them, the reverb is quite good though, and the only one I use often. The power squeezer mode is useful for playing at low volume, but the effects don't seem to work very well when it is one. This amp seems to be sensitive to input level more so than other amps, a few of the digital effects, the dyna amp and acoustic mode are very sensitive to this, you will often need to turn down the volume knob on your guitar a lot with this amp, especially if you have higher output pickups. Overall, I'm giving this sound, the things this amp does well are great, but the effects could have been much better.

I play mostly metal, and it does this well, but it can play just about any genre thanks to the excellent amp modelling being able to produce just about any sound you want. My overall impression is that this is a very versatile and great sounding amp, but the effects need improving.

this is very well built, the case seems to be chip board coated with plastic, but it is strong enough to get knocked around. I've looked though the vents in the back, and it seems to have high quality soldering. I could probably drop this and it would survive, but I don't plan on trying it anytime soon.

This is a 30W amp, probably made in 2007, it is a digital modelling amp, with a clean and lead channel, the lead channel has a choice of amp models, with 6 regular amps, an acoustic simulator, and a 'dyna amp' feature. It has two digital effect units, one with chorus, flanger, phaser or tremolo available, the other with delay or reverb. It has an onboard tuner which is useful as fairly accurate, but I find a separate tuner easier to use. It has 3 band EQ and volume and gain controls.

symanoy
    dont get the marshall really dont sound that great can get heavier distortion out of the cube