Cube-30X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30X

I guess the amp is so versatile, you can play every sorts of music with it. I play metal and hard rock as I said, but when I was playing Sweet Home Alabama from Skynyrd, I just adjusted the settings, and it sounded great. It reacts really good for your pickups. When I play with a humbucker it's a super heavy sound. Well, only bad thing is, that when you crank it up, turn the volume all the way up, it get's quite shitty. So I usualy use it on about 50-75% on a band practice, and like 15% at home. It has a three band EQ (bass, middle, high), and works pretty well. The r-fire distortion is really brutal, but for some crazy CoB od Dimmu Borgir, it's not enough.

Good amp, for the money you get everything to start with. It is reliable. But if you want to play gigs, it's not enough. Probably, if It would be stolen, I wouldn't buy it anymore, because I want more power. I would buy just some high power clean amp and then effect pedals, but when I was buying it, I didn't have money, and there is really everything in this amp, so for a start, you don't need anything. Just this amp, a cable and your guitar. But I don't plan to sell it or anything. I love it, and for my home practice sessions, it's great. And it's compact so I can take it anywhere.

Well in this category, I give it a ten. It has a really solid case, it fell on the ground a lot of times, and stuff, but it never broke. I would not be scared to take it anywhere without backup. I can't imagine it break down. It has got a special plastic protection on corners, so the case holds solidly, and if you bang into something with it, the amp doesn't damage it either.

I play a lot of metal, and then the old AC/DC style hard rock. I think the amp is pretty good for these styles, tho I bought a Boss MT-2 pedal, cause for really killing metal, I needed more heights and better sustain. It has got two channels - clean and lead. For the clean channel it's a really nice smooth sound. For the lead channel, there are 8 models of amps. And they don't really sound the same. You can pick from an acoustic, which simulates pretty well, up to r-fire, which makes you sound really badass metal. Plus there are four effects - phaser, flanger, chorus, tremollo. Tho you can have only one of these at a time. I don't really use them much. Then there is a digital reverb and delay. I use the reverb all the time, it gives you a really huge nice sound. There is a stereo input so you can connect it with your MP3 player and jam with songs. I find this really usefull. It has 30W of output. It's enough for a band practice if you are not too close to the drums, and It's good for practicing at home (it has a function power squeeze, so you get a high sustain and distortion, but keep down the volume), but it hasn't enough power for a gig. I think it's a good amp, and has great functions. Tho, 30W is not enough.