Cube-30X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30X

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: www.keminmusiikki.fi

I play mostly with my ESP LTD FM-200M. It has EMG-Hz passive pick-ups. The sound with high gain distortion sounds almost perfect for me. It has a great rhythm sound, and with lond delay it gives you nice lead sound. Though the clean channel sounds a little rough, but personally I think that the reason for this is the guitar, not the amp. The clean channel sounds perfect with my Fender Strat. Distortion is mostly good, but sometimes I could use a bit harder.

This suits perfectly to me because it can give you wide range of sounds and it will last long. The price is very reasonable. I have been playing only for a year and I don't own yet any external effects, but I'm going to buy a floor multieffect after christmas just because of the easo of use. If it were stolen I would definately buy a new one. I love the sound it gives, especially R-Fier with long delay. The effects are also great. Only cons are the two effect knobs, I could use more. This is definately better than the crappy Fender Frontman.

I have only had it for half of a year so I can't say much for durability, but so far it hasn't shown any signs of breaking apart. It has been built well, it's tight and there is everywhere some kind of extra protection. I think that it will last as long as the electronics will last. It can take some banging. I wouldn't use it on a gig without backup because I wouldn't use anything without backup. And on a gig I would use something bigger.

This amp suits me very well. I play mostly metal, but I also play much some 70's rock music. The amp has 8 COSM amp modellings, which all sound great. I play mostly with my ESP LTD FM-200M and the sound with R-Fier model have the crunchy sound I am looking for. It also has JC Clean channel which sounds absolutely amazing with my Fender Strat. There is three knobs is EQ, bass, middle and treble. That's all you need. There is 6 build-in effects in cube, but you are only able to use two of them at the time. It would have been nice to separate delay and reverb. It has more than enough power for home use. I rarely use more than a quarter of volume. There is a jack for foot Switch, so you can Switch effects on and off and Switch between clean and distortion. Generally this is a good all around amp with barely none cons. I would like to have have more knobs for effects.