Cube-30X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30X

Purchased from: Fair deal music (Birmingham)

this amp is a bit wierd. with most other amps, if someone were to walk past it, you wouldn't really notice the change in volume, but with this amp, if someone walks by it, you can't hear a damb thing. try it!! well I'm using this amp with an Ibanez RG370DXL and it sounds perfect. I don't think I can think of anything wrong with the sound, there is loads of variety and OOMF to it. personally I use the R-FIER setting on the lead channel as it sounds quite warm and windy as opposed to the metal setting which sound a bit more trebly and harder. my music style is everything, but I mostly like to play metally riffs and I also like to just whack out the odd improv to soothsayer by Buckethead. honestly if you don't really know what you playing style is yet because you're just starting out. get this amp. it is a great all rounder. and may make you sound better than you actually are which will boost you confidence. the distortion is nice, that's all I can say, it's not too much an not too little. I've been playing guitar for 6, nearly 7 years now and this amp is the reason why I carried on playing. I would recommend it highly.

Oh yes I would definatly buy this again. my favorite feature would have to be the sound. It just fits me so much beyond comparison. don't ever wunder about getting this amp just get it. It's is totally worth it.

It has never gone wrong at all for me. But I think that's due to the factor of me paying for it. I look after it well and dust it every weekend. But I think with any amp you need to take care of it and not leave it unattended for ages. Remember, you amp and guitar is you. when you play on a stage and make that guitar scream, it's not the guitar, it's you. That is your sound and yours only. Unless your doing a cover mind you and then it's someone else. But I must say it is very heavy for what it is.

well where to start. I have owned this amp for 2-3 years, and I love it to bits. I love the power squeeze as it allows for the most sustain at a low volume. the effects are basic but all you will ever need. I wish you could have varied the delay a bit more. for example changing the volume of the delay and the length of it, but it's not a big issue. the tuner it perfect, it is simple and tells it to you straight, you out of tune or you not. this amp has two channels, a clean channel and a lead one. the clean channel I found offers a smoother sound than apposed to the acoustic setting on the lead channel, which is sharper and more in you face.