Cube-30X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30X

Price paid: C$ 298

Purchased from: Steve's Music Store

I use a Gibson Les Paul Studio through this amp, and combined together, I can get a wide variety of tones with the Cube 30X. There are over 50 different sound settings that you can mix around to get the exact tone you want. No matter the volume, the sound quality always remains the same. When I first turned on the R-Fier distortion setting, I was amazed at the sound that was coming out of the amp, it's a pretty thick distortion.

I like to play mostly zeppelin, Metallica, and the beatles, and the amp has a setting for each group's sound. I use R-Fier for Metallica, stack classic for zeppelin, and brit combo for the beatles. I play a Gibson LP studio through this amp, and I love the sound it gives. I compared it to several other amps, some which were better of course, but out of my price range. If I could change anything, it would be to allow the use of several effects at the same time.

I have had the amp for about a year and a half, and I have never had a single problem with it. For a gig, I don't know 100% if a 34 watt amp could hold up in a show. I have always kept the amp in my garage, or at my friend's house for band practice. No matter where I have it, I always take care of it, so I don't know what the outcome would be if I was to neglect it in any way. If it was to break down, it comes with a warranty, so I would get a free repair or exchange.

The Roland Cube 30X comes with a variety of gguitar sounds and effects. It has 2 channels, JC Clean, and Lead. While on lead, there are 8 settings: Acoustic, Black Panel, Brit Combo, Tweed, Stack Classic, Metal, R-Fier, and Dyna Amp. It also comes with Delay/Reverb, and Chorus/Flanger/Phaser/Tremolo. There is a seperate volume knob for each channel, along with a recording jack, pedal jack, and a headphone jack.