Cube-30X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30X

Purchased from: Sandvika Musikk

I use a Stratocaster with two singel-coil's and one Humbucker, and the amp works perfect with it, no matter style I play with the guitar. And as told before, it suit my music style perfect. I play mostly Metal and Heavy-Rock, but also some Blues and Country. The Cube can handel it all without any problems at all. If you want it noicy and buzzing, you can easily fix that, but to normal, clean playing, you won't hear any thing you don't want too hear, if you fix the EQ right ofcourse. It can make many sounds, almost everything, except Wah-Wah. I can accure you that with high, and max volume, it's no distortion at all if you play with the clean sound. It's amazing how it does that, but it do. If you play with distortion sound and an ESP/LTD or Ibanez guitar (or another heavy-metal guitar) the distortion is really good.

I play almost anything, but mostly Metal and Heavy-Rock, and the Cube 30X suit perfect! I have played guitar 2 years now, and this amp is the only amp I own. Because of all the effects on it, I don't need another amp. I also own a Fender Strat, a LTD EX-260, a Boss Chorus pedal and a mini amp. I asked the guy in the store for an amp that could handle every music style, had a lot of effects and wasn't too expensive. He highly recommended the Roland Cobe 30X. And I love this amp! If it were stolen, I would buy it again without ever think about it. I love almost everything with it, the sound, the effects, the weight (which isn't too much). But one thing I don't like that well, but it isn't very important, is the handle you carry it with. It holds, ofcourse, but it almost "looks" too the amp body every time you don't carry it. It's not very hard too pick it up, it's only a bit annoying sometimes, but don't let that keep you away from this amplifier. I also asked the guy in the store if any amp could be compared to the price, but at the same time all the effects, and he said no. In the months after I bought it, I checked almost every store and every company, but the guy in the store was right. This amp is amazing. You get a lot of sound and effets for a small price. The only thing I miss, is a Wah-Wah effect, but it's not a big deal. At least not for me, since I have never used it and hardly never missed it, but for someone else, it could be important. But except that, this amp is totally amazing!

This amplifies is really one you can depend on. I would, and I have many times, used it on a gig without a back-up, with no problem. I bought this amp 1 1/2 year ago, and I have lost it on the ground/floor many times with any problems. Accually, it doesn't have a single scratch anywhere, ever though I have lost it down the stairs some times to (20 wood steps).

My Cube 30X was made in 2008 and fits perfect for my musicstyle, which is metal and heavy-rock, and a bunch of other styles to. This amp has 2 channels, one clean and one lead. When switched to "lead", you can choose between 8 different sounds, all from heavy to Acoustic. Is has two effects knots. The one is called EFX and can be switched between Chorus, Flanger, Phaser and Tremolo. The second knot can be switched to Delay or Reverb. It also has an input for headphones and one for recording. I think is has all the features I need for my music style. But a Wah-Wah effect had been useful. I think I use all the effects now and there, but it's not anyone I have never used or will never use. I use this amp most at home to practice, but I have used to sometimes to gigs and recording in a studio, because it is powerful enough and it's not many big amp's which have soo mant effects. But I wouldn't recommend it for gigs if you have chance to use another, bigger one.

natka93
    I've bought one yesterday. All I can say is that for that price it's the best choice. Sounds really cool for me on all of the channels, and i really like tweed and acoustic. I wanted to buy line 6 spider III 30 but thanks God i didnt't. I just love my new amp (i'm pretty begginer and the defrence between this one and my old cheap amp (ibanez) is really big for me). I really enjoy playing with this combo.So if you wanna have good sound both on clean and distortion i would rocomend you this one. Really good staff
    mightymartin
    i got a cube15x for years now and im searching for something with some more options, just to practise with in my bedroom, though im not sure if i should get a footswitch with these options or get an amp like the 20x, normally i'd pref an amp with the options but since i already got a 15x i feel it could be wasted money, and i dont want a expensive/high watt amp, i'm not sure what to get. anybody has some advice?
    jhanvy
    im choosing between this and peavey vypyr 30. can someone help me out please?