Cube-30X review by Roland

Roland: Cube-30X

I got this amp after the huge success of my other guitarist with his Micro Cube, and I do say I'm impressed even though I knew what was coming! The speaker delivers volume that's sounds much more like an amp with much more wattage, no need to replace the speaker. Still, I'll have to mic it for bigger gigs. I play it through my Epiphone G-400 (Great guitar, btw) and it sounds great. The EQ is very handy depending on the amp model, for instance, Acoustic you need to turn bass really low and mids and highs all the way up to get a good sound. The amp models themselves are excellent. I'm most impressed with the "Metal" setting. The FX are pretty awesome as well. Now, here's the stuff I'm not crazy about-Changing amp models in the middle of a song is a pain, unless you're going from lead to clean. I wish you could use the footswitch to go from Metal to Tweed, to Brit and back again. Then the fact that the controls are not front panel doesn't exactly make that a little easier. Still, if you're planning on playing on 1 amp model per song, and want the whole nine yards-EQ, FX, Amp Models, this is your amp, whether you're practicing, rehearsing, or playing gigs. Highly Reccomended!

I've had my Cube 30 for about and year and a half now, and the more I use it, the more I love it. I'm amazed at the sounds I can get from it. All the effects are outstanding. They're better than the Boss pedals! My favorite setting is the Mesa rectifier. It's killer! The clean channel is to die for. I've had a number of Fender tube amps, and I like the Cube's clean channel better. Since I've had it, I've sold 4 of my guitars, and I had the people play them through the Cube 30, and every single person was blown away at the tone of this amp. They told me they were going to get one for themselves. It's that good. And for 30 watts and a 10" speaker, this thing is loud! It's built like a tank. I sincerely believe if I threw it off the roof of my second story house, it would still be in one piece and still work. Although I have no intention of doing that! Needless to say, I love this amp. It's the ultimate practise and recording combo. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the pros have used this in the studio. I know I would. You WILL NOT FIND A BETTER COMBO FOR THE MONEY. Best amp in it's class hands down. Kudos to Roland for a great product!

I was looking for a practice amp but did not have much cash to spend. My expectations were pretty low. All I wanted was a decent distortion sound, a little reverb, and a clean channel that was actually clean. Not too much to ask, right? Well, I looked at all the big names in guitar amps and was underwhelmed. There were a lot of gimmicks but nothing that sounded good. Then I tried the Cube 30 and was blown away. The sound was amazing! I love the classic rock sound from the "Classic Stack" setting (model of a Marshall stack) and the bluesy "Tweed" model of a famous Fender combo is excellent. The clean channel has a great sound too. I was skeptical about a guitar amp from Roland -- Star Trek sound effects are just not my thing -- but this little guy won me over. Not only does it have great sound, but also the amp is built like a tank (it even has a metal grille) and has more power that almost anything else in this price range. Definitely recommended!

This is a great prctice amp, the only disadvantage I found was that there is no way to get a different footswitchable rythym and lead sound at the same time! The clean channel is TOO clean for rock rythym playing, and there is no way to Switch between COSM channls without going back and turning the knob! Which does kind of limit the ability to use it live, but for home use it is the bees knees! Sounds great, light weight, and it screams!

WatUWant???
    I have this amp with a cort g260.Since both the cube 30x and my g260 are made to be versatile, I can get some real SMOOTH clean tones and MONSTER distortions tones outta this amp.I tried this amp with a strat '57 and Zakk Wylde as well and I must say that this amp definately served those upper-end guitars some justice. Hail Roland! \m/
    windmilldweller
    for all you people who think cubes suck SEASICK STEVE uses one so there check him out on youtube. CUBES are awesome amps