Cube-60 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-60

Purchased from: Steve's Music Store

I'm using Epiphone Les Paul Custom with stock hybrid Epiphone pickups and it sounds real good. My style is metalcore but some times I play bluesier stuff. It really suits the metal part of my style but I can never get the EQ quite right for my bluesier style. There's absolutely no crackling even when your lot muting the strings (depend if your plugged in with something else but it is really quiet. This amp also can be really loud (in the good way) it would makes a great gig amp. a ton of variety here, it can impersonate Peavey's mesa's Marshll's and Vox's. The only thing that isn't great is the delay flanger phaser and tremolo. Only effects on this amp that sound good are the chorus and the reverb but the others are fun to mess with though!

This amp is definately a good match for metal! I've been playing for 2 years on and off and the only other two amps I've owned are a Marshall AVT 20 and a Fender Frontman 15G(this amp tops both). If this amp were stolen I'd buy it again! If I had the money that is.my favorite feature on this amp is the R-fier setting which impersonates the mesa rectifier. I compared this amp to the Line 6 spider and the Marshall AVT 20, this amp had a much better tone and way more features. I wish this amp had 4 EQs.

I'd gig with this amp with no backup it's pretty solid, I would be surprised if it broke down. This amp hasn't broken down because I just got it! but from what I hear it barely brakes down and if it does, it's probably time to upgrade anyway.

This amp is probably the best modeling amp I've heard, it is also quite versitile but I think it is more aimed toward the heavy-er side of music. I has one EQ for all channels not the greatest. The knobs are reaccessed into the top so they can't get knocked off/broken easily. The corners of the amplifier are covered with a tough plastic. The speaker is protected by a metal grill a great feature which makes this amp one of the toughest. Also with the Cube 60 you can switch channels/effects etc. with a Boss pedal.