Cube-60 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-60

Purchased from: an online shop

I use a Jackson RR3 with humbucking pickups and I can get every type of sound: crystal clear, acoustic, 70s rock, brutal metal, the one I love more is the metal one. Simply awesome, both for solos and rhytms. I play mostly power metal and it's perfect for me. I think you can't get a low distortion (for slow rock, for example), but hey, I own this amp only since today, maybe I can tweak it a little bit more and get even this type of sound. The amp isn't noisy at all. You can turn on it, put gain at 10 and go near it and you won't hear any feedback or buzz. Seriously, you won't even know if it's turned on or off. It has 60W, but I have never turned it at maximum volume. Don't know if it's loud or not, but I believe yes. At home I turn the volume up to 2.

I play mostly metal and some hard rock, perfect! It's a perfect match since you can get several types of distortions (from 70s rock to brutal metal). It's 100 times better than my old Fender Frontman 15R with DigiTech Metal Master (I think I will sell this pedal, even if it was awesome, I don't need it now: Roland distortion is way way better). No buzzes, no feedback, very good sound, plenty of effects, 60W power, you can't get anything better for this price. I will buy another one for sure if it will get stolen or lost.

First of all, please note that I have recieved it today so I have not tested all feautures and I don't know if it's easy to broke or not. But for now it seems a tank. In my opinion, you won't broke it even if you want. So, I definitely depend from it and I will gig soon without backups.

This amp is awesome. It has several effects, but it's very easy to use. Just read the manual (well written), and you will get a good sound in a few minutes. It is very versatile, you can get ALL sound you can imagine. It has 2 channel: clean and lead. Clean channel is very good and you can use it for blues, jazz and ballads. Lead channel has several types of sound: you can go from an acoustic guitar simulation to a powerful metal distortion. You can Switch channel by footswitch or by pressing a button. There are some effect also: delay, reverb, flanger, chorus, phaser, and more! This is a complete amp, you don't need any pedal (except of Wah maybe) if you use it.