Cube-60 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-60

The best feature on this amp is the clean and acoustic channel which sounds very realistic, especially combined with the amps in built reverb effect. The distorted channels are good, but perhaps sound slightly digital/artificial. I mostly use my Jackson Randy Rhoads when playing with this amp, but the sound seems to be pretty much the same regardless of what guitar I use.

I'd recommend this Amp highly for home use, it's reliable, it has many different channels and effects to suit the needs of a variety of musicians, and overall it has a good sound. Definately not an amp to gig with though. At higher volumes the amp can become too distorted. Another point to note is that using effects pedals that are now created by Roland, doesn't sound so good on this amp. I tried my effects pedals on much cheaper amps and the sound quality was far superior.

I've had the Roland Cube 60 for about 2 years now and the only thing that has ever broke is the input (the small piece of plastic that's glued to hold the jack to jack became loose), but this has easily been repaired. It should be noted though, that I have rarely taken the amp outside of my house, and neither do I often move or knock it about in a way that would test its reliability.

It has 10 different channels most notably, clean, heavily distorted, acoustic, etc. It also has a few nice effects such as flanger, chorus, reverb and delay. I personally use my Roland at home to practice with. I find that it has more than enough power to annoy my neighbours.

lorrythebassguy
    my guitarist has one of these, hes slows us down by farting about with effects. so hes dependant on it at gigs. My adivce; get a 60w solid state cheap amp and invest in a pedalboard
    dougl126
    Is this 60W amp too loud to be used for practicing in a bedroom/dorm room/apartment?
    craig_mccann
    Fantastic amp, I'e been looking for a new amp, low wattage tube or 60w-ish ss for just bedroom practise and out of all the amps iv tried i cant find any that beat this 1. To beat it i'd say i'd have to spend 500 GBP at least.
    $k!llz
    Adam Andeveit wrote: I'm getting this amp as a Christmas present; can anyone recommend a foot switch to go with it that my Granny could afford?
    nobody knows how much money your grandma has.
    gtk4158a
    This will be my next amp. I have a micro cube and it is awsome..this is the one !
    Adam Andeveit
    hitl
    how is this amp compared to a Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60R.? i want a hard rock sound like aerosmith, buckcherry, guns n roses
    tAkE iT aWay <3
    Sanitarium91 wrote: XanTscia wrote: To bad this amp sucks with EMG's... IS THIS TRUE???
    fackk no! if anything better lol.
    metalgr wrote: the sounds of cube 60 in the roland site is true?
    before i decided to buy this, i listened to the demos on the roland site like heaps of times, but when i finally tried it i was blown away. it really sounds good. Mcvalue too.
    metalgr
    metalgr wrote: the sounds of cube 60 in the roland site it's true?
    _xo_
    Nathy8979 wrote: marshall mg 50 is beta
    Really!!! I mean are you SERIOUS!? Just no.
    joelawrence
    This amp is awesome! Tons of effects and great sound.Ive had mine for ages...no problems ever
    dhoyft
    nah it's not too loud... I do it all the time, but it's better suited for jamming