Cube-60 review by Roland

Roland: Cube-60

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: Guitar teacher

This amp has an amazing clean channel the JCC clean (one of the best I've ever heard and could be compared to much higher priced amps) on the clean channel their is also a bright button which makes the sound even brighter if necessary, for more heavy and distortion sounds it has 8 channels (acoustic (not heavy), black panel, brit combo, tweed, classic, metal, r-fier and dyna amp) some of these don't sound that great bt for the really heavy stuff its pretty decent. The clean definitively deserves a 10 though.

This is a amazing amp and I definitively recommend it to anyone, I play all sorts of music from classical to melodeth and I'm very happy with the amp, the sound is amazing and the quality too, the only down side I can see is that it doesnt't have the best metal tone ever (although its very decent) so just would need to get a pedal and have the perfect sound, I will use this amp in the future and for quiet a while I guess.

This is a very dependable amp and I've never had problems with it yet, it's very solid and looks like its going to last quite a bit more without me having to buy a new one.

The Roland Cube 60 has 9 channels and 6 effects making at very versatile amp for play nearly any genre, it's a powerful amp with 60 watts especially for practicing and it could be used live on the back it has 3 jacks for foot switches (channel select, EFX and reverb delay) it also has a jack for a extra speaker (MAX 60 watts) which makes it a great amp.

knudsen.trygve
    I have two Roland Cube 60s and run them in stereo from my pedalboard. Sounds very very good! I use the JC120 channel only.
    MaggaraMarine
    clearfin wrote: I have a VOX AD50VT why do you think the Roland sounded better? How many tubes does this have?
    And why do you think the one tube that VOX has does anything with the sound? Cubes have no tubes. The sound doesn't depend on if it has one tube or no tubes. It depends on the digital modeling technology. Maybe the Cube uses better technology than VOX. And it's everybody's own opinion which sounds better.