Cube Street review by Roland

Roland: Cube Street

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play mainly Metal music but I also enjoy alternative rock with clean tones. I have played it with my Dean Dixie Rebel and an Aria Mac Series which I put EMG ZWs into. It sounded great on both of them. The variety of tones is incredible anything from brutal distortion to a mild crunch to a pure clean sound. For such a small amp, it has incredible tone.

This is a great amp for practicing and playing on the go. I have been playing guitar for 7 years and I usually just hook up my Line 6 PODXT Live to computer speakers but it was nice to have a portable amplifier with great tone. If I broke it or lost it, I would probably buy another one. At the time that I bought it, there were no other amps like this, and I haven't seen anything that compares yet.

I wouldn't really use this in a gig unless I was playing on my own. The input jack somehow fell inside of the amplifier so I had to take it apart and fix it. It's still a little bit unstable. Also when I opened it up I accidentally messed up the connection to the batteries but once I fixed all of these things it has worked fine. As long as you don't do stupid things like I did, the amp should last quite a while.

This amp is incredible. It features 2 speakers and a multiple different amplifier settings ranging from a warm clean sound to a thick metal tone. There is a guitar input, an XLR, an AUX input and a phone input. inch input so theoretically you could have a mic, guitar, and an ipod connected. The greatest thing about this amplifier is that it can run on 6 AA batteries and it will last quite a while (approximately 8 hours running) This amplifier has enough volume for almost any situation other than a live gig involving drums.

wraith313
    Amuro Jay
    wraith313 wrote: Whats the difference in this and the microcube, besides this costing twice as much and looking longer?
    It's got two 6.5" speakers as opposed to one 5" speaker. It also has an extra amp channel and the batteries probably last longer too.
    BobJustin
    If this little stuff can't beat the drum's volume, what should I do to make the volume louder then? (Other than buying a cabinet)