Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

Purchased from: Guitars Plus

I'm using this amp with a Godin SDXT and it works great. It suits all my music styles just fine. The clean channels are all great, never distorted. The R-Fier distortion is just brutal at high volumes. Despite its size, it can shake windows.

I've been playing for four years since I was 8. I've only owned it for a few weeks though. I just started electric guitar this summer, but this amp works for everything I play, like metal, punk, blues, jazz, funk all that stuff. If it were lost/stolen I would definetely empty my bank account again and buy it. Excellent amp.

I could use this amp in a gig without a backup, although I would choose not to, cause of its size. It's never broken down and probaly never will.

The amp was made last just at the beginning of 2005. It's great for everything I play: metal, funk, punk, blues, etc. It has loads of great effects: chorus, flanger, delay, reverb, phaser, and tremolo which I never use. It's not great in a loud band situation, but for something like mine, it's great. It has 7 different amp styles, 4 clean, and 3 distorted. Theres acoustic, great for Enter Sandman and all that other acoustimical stuff, JC clean, really good for jazz, Black Panel, which is good for everything, and mic, which is something you can use your mic on. Then for distorted theres Brit Combo, excellent for AC/DC, classic stack, great for Nirvana, and R-Fier, amazing for grunge, slash metal, all metal and everything.