Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

Compared to most other practice amp, the Micro Cube is pretty loud for its 2 watts. It is very lound. Also, its sound is not much affected by the volume level at which it is set. It has almost the same sound as the tube-driven Vox AD15VT, and that is very significant. The amps it models also can reflect on the flexibility of its sound. The acoustic gives a nice sparkly tone (although not exactly the Martin you were looking at), the JC-120 gives a nice clean tone that is easily modified, the Twin Reverb gives a nice jazzy sound, the AC-30 gives a great fat "British Invasion" sound, the JMP1987 gives a good AC/DC sound, and the R-Fier is great for any metal/punk/hard rock sound. The effects, well, are great for the money you spend.

Initially, I was vacillating on whether I should buy this amp, a Vox AD15VT, or nothing at all. I already had a great amp, but I needed something to take with me. The AD15VT's numerous effects and amps, from Boutique Clean Amp to the UK 80, it was a very considerable choice. I bought it. It turned out that the effects were hard to manage. The cube is simple to work (I need a simple amp as opposed to the countless pedals, PA system, head/cabinet, wiring jumbo of my higher grade amp). It is portable, versatile, and durable. These things are what make the cube so unique and so worthwhile to purchase.