Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

The sound I get from this tiny amp is much better than all my bigger 15-30watt amps. I wish this had more power so that I could gig with it. When I use it on the acoustic setting and I select the neck pickup of my guitar, I get a really nice warm tone. For dirty tones, the rectifier setting is awesome. It has quite goood gain for such a small amp. For its size, I'm not complaining at all.

Again, this is the perfect amp for practising. It is portable and quite light. It gives nice tones with my guitar. The only small downside is that it did not come with a shoulder strap. It only has a small hand strap. The best bit about it is that it runs on battery (even though I also have the power supply). When it comes to tone, I have no problems at all. Great little amp and if it were stolen, I would definitely buy it again. I don't know what I would do with out it.

It is really strong and looks really reliable but it cant be used in a gig 'cause it is only 2 watts afterall but for a small gig, I think it is realiable enough. It has never broken down and I have used it for one year. I would not use it if I played in a band, even for practise because it can't compete with the sheer volume of the drums.

This is an awesome amp. It is just 2 watts but I prefer using this amp than any of my bigger amps. My main guitar is a Ltd Kh202 and they go really well together no matter what I'm playing. For such a small amp, it has great features. It has 7 selections (acoustic, jc clean, black panel, brit combo, classic stack, rectifier, mic) but I only really use the acoustic and the rectifier and they are both good. It also has 4 in built effects: chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo as well as delay/reverb. This amp is not suitable for large scale gigging but it is perfect for home use. It can also run on battery which makes it even more portable. It also comes with a carry strap.