Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

With this amp I use a Les Paul Standard with dual humbucker pickups. I am playing songs by The Eagles, Santana, Zep, U2, and many many more. This is a great amp for just about any kind of music. This thing is unbelievably loud, I can play right next to a 6 piece drumset, and this amp will drown it out without and static/hissing at all! The only clean channel that becomes distorted as you turn the amp full is the Black Panel and a little bit for the JC clean just keep is a couple notches from full and you should be fine.

This is a perfect amp for just about any type of music. I have been playing for 2-3 years and this is the best amp I have ever plugged into. I have a Fender 25R, which is rarely used since I bought this. I plan on selling the Fender amp on ebay as soon as I can. One thing I wish they did put on this amp was a little better delay, it fades pretty quickly but you cant be too picky. If this were stolen or lost I would go out and buy another one, if not the Cube 30. Roland made a great series of amps here and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants clear clean sounds and clear distorted soungs (if that makes sense). Amazing amp!

I can depend on this thing like it were made of metal. This is sturdier than my Fender 25R amp. I have bumped this little thing so many times and nothing has happened to it, not even a scratch! And believe me, this thing travels! I would definitely use this in a gig if only it were bigger. I recommend either the Cube 30 or Cube 60 for gigging with a clear clean sound.

This amp was bought brand new in 2004. I play mostly bluesy rock and classic rock. Stuff like The Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, etc. and this amp is perfect for it. This amp has a single channel (obviously) and includes 6 effects: chorus, flanger, phaser, and tremolo on 1 dial and reverb/delay on another seperate dial. It also has a headphone/rec out jack in back. This amplifier also has 7 preamp settings: acoustic - very acoustic sounding, JC clean - beautiful clean channel, no feedback or gain as you turn it up, black panel - a clean sound when picking, slightly distorted for chords or intervals, brit combo - a light distortion with a light tone to it, classic stack - moderate distortion which is good for Zeppelin (classic rock sound basically), R-fier - heavy distortion, good for metal or a nice thick sounding distortion (Santana, perfect tone for that). Then there is also a mic setting, but thats not really preamp. Also this amp has a tuning fork built into it to help you tune quickly press a button and it will play A440 for you, or switch the button and it will play A or even Abb (B). This amp is also able to run on 6 AA batteries.. which last forever. I have owned it 2 years and never replaced the battery (even though I use the AC plugin the most).