Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

Purchased from: Fairdeal Music

I play an Ibanez RG370DX (the 2005 model) so the pickups are INF's (H/S/H), it suits my music style well as I play '80s rock like AC/DC, Van Halen, Scorpions and it sounds pretty good, compaired to Marshalls and Mesa/Boogie's I don't really know, it's only my second amp (my other amp was a Rocket 10, which I thought sounded qute good, until I got this one, I use on the Mesa/Boogie sound). The clean channal isn't distorted and the amp isn't noisy, the distortion does sound a bit too bassy though.

For what I play it is a good match, I have been playing about a year and a half, I also own a Rocket 10 amp, and my first guitar, a Squier by Fender Strat (my Ibanez is my second guitar). If it were stolen or lost I would be in a bad mood for about a week, but I would either buy a new amp straight away, or use my other amp while saving for a new amp, I don't know what I would buy though because this amp has its advantages of the effects that are built into it, while amps like Fender valve amps have a really good sound to them.

I could depend on it, I would connect it to another amp, to make it more loud. I don't know if I would use a backup on a gig bease I'm only 14 and I havn't played a gig yet, I probably would though, it's new and it is very reliable. Sometimes when I play it will go quite, then loud, then back to normal again, but it has only done this a few times.

This amp was made in 2003, in China. I don't know how much it cost because I got for christmas and when I asked my parents they had forgot. It does sound good for what I play. I play stuff like Van halen, Scorpions, AC/DC, The Darkness. It has 2 channels, distorted and clean. You can choose what type of sound you want. There are 5 you can choose, acoustic, JC clean, (Roland JC-120 jazz amp), black panel (Fender Twin Reverb amp), Brit combo, (Vox AC-30B), classic stack (Marshall JMP1987) and R-Fier (Mesa/Boogie rectifier), and a microphone jack so you can stick a microphone in it. It has 6 Boss effects, chorus, flanger, phaser and tremolo. It also has reverb and delay. I use this amp at home, its speaker is only 2 watts but I don't mind as I don't play that loud anyway.