Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

Purchased from: guitar center

I'm using this amp with a Squier Telecaster Custom with humbuckers. As I said before I like to play hard rock and metal, which I can play well from this amp. It can make a pretty good amount of sounds between all the effects and settings, from a soft acoustic sound to a slightly scary metal sound. The clean setting (JC clean) will almost never distort, the gain would have to be very high (8-10) along with the volume. You can get from a soft distortion to a heavy distortion in nothing flat.

I've been playing for around a year (10 months) and, as I've said before own a Squier tele custom and a Boss MT-2. If this thing was stolen I'd buy it again as soon as I could. My favorite feature is probably the tuning fork, which is so much more convenient than a tuner. There is nothing I hate about this amp because everything on it rules!

I don't gig, but if I did I probably wouldn't bring this amp because you can't get it loud enough. This makes sense because of the size. I would use it for practice anytime though. It works perfectly and is showing no signs of quitting for a long time. But if this thing was louder I would have no problem gigging with it without any backup.

I can get a lot of different sounds from this amp. It's a solid state. I like to play a lot of hard rock and metalish stuff. I can use the R-Fier setting on the amp for that. The first setting is acoustic, which of course sounds acoustic. The next setting is JC clean, which is pretty clean until you start to turn the gain up really high. The setting after that is black panel, which has a realatively clean sound with barely any distortion. After that is brit combo, with a little more distortion than black panel, but still very light. The setting after that is classic stack, which gives you a moderate amount of distortion. R-Fier is another setting, which has heavy distortion and is good for what I play. The final setting is Mic, which seems to be meant for a microphone. This amp also comes with 6 effects. Chorus, phaser, flanger, tremolo, delay and reverb. A useful little feature this amp has is a tuning fork, which will play you an A, Ab, or Abb. It also has a headphone jack and a jack so you can plug it in, or you can let it run on batteries.